Adding To Downloads Section Of Website

As part of my Metal Detector Database project I want to be able to link to catalogs and user guides / owner's manuals. I get a little frustrated however about how external website links keep moving around or disappear. So I decided the catalogs and user guide area of the Downloads Page will have to get copies of everything I am linking to so I know things will stay put going forward. This is part of the archiving process for older equipment where manuals and catalogs may not even exist in scanned form yet. I will start with current equipment. Once I get all the readily available stuff done I may start soliciting for old catalogs and owners manuals people have sitting around so I can scan them and add to the collection.

whites-v3i-user-guide-cover.jpg.69cfdad6

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hey Steve.

I have a ew V3i related pubs you may or may not already have ... anyway where would you like me to load the files?

You can look them over and choose which you would like to keep or trash.

Thanks for the offer. I have already uploaded the User Guide and Advanced User Guide for the V3i and that will be it. I know third parties have put together pdf files on a range of items but this is not a matter of just collecting everything found on the internet and uploading it. I have copyright and fair use issues to consider and a lot of this stuff is pushing the limits. I see you uploaded some pdf files as attachments already, so I have blocked that capability. Pdf files are can be huge in size and I have server resources to look after. Anyway, I appreciate you are trying to help but I have more than I can handle right now. Thanks.

I understand completely and no problem here.

:smile:

• Thanks 1