so this past few months or so ive been getting into prospecting i ended up getting a sluice box off of amazon for a good price and also picked up some miners moss and when i installed the moss it makes the riffles stand up about a 1/2 inch is this normal or am i doing something wrong 

What do you mean "makes the riffles stand up about a 1/2 inch"? Do you have a picture you can post?

You mean sit higher over the bottom? Most Miners Moss will compress to simply replace other mats. However, if you got the extra stout stuff it might not fit under the riffles as is and so they would need to be drilled and mounted again to fit.

Or maybe you mean something else? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CastleBravo said:

so this past few months or so ive been getting into prospecting i ended up getting a sluice box off of amazon for a good price and also picked up some miners moss and when i installed the moss it makes the riffles stand up about a 1/2 inch is this normal or am i doing something wrong 

Cb -  1 word for ya? Dream Vortex Mat....ck,it.out!.Cheers, Ig

Better word for ya... Gold hog mats.....................

10 hours ago, phrunt said:

Is it worth me thinking of upgrading my Keene A52 to any of these funky moss mats, it's stock and the green matting on it seems incredibly good, It gets such tiny gold I have to use a wet finger to get it out of the pan afterwards, far too small for tweezers, specs you can barely see.

Test your tailings..... If you're losing a lot of gold then make some changes.... If not save yourself the time energy and money of upgrading.... Also NO setup will capture 100%... There will be losses. If you're capturing in the 90+% range you're doing good .. in you're testing find out what size of gold your losing, you then might think about adding a small section of sluice to deal with that.... Just some thought's ...

• Like 3

I will add here that making changes to improve your recovery can be as simple as changing the sluice angle and/or water quantities, water speed is changed by the sluice angle.

So new mats may not be needed .... make the simple changes first before you start throwing more money at equipment or upgrades.

Just some idle thoughts.