Anfibio And Saltwater

I’m considering buying an Anfibio multi and am wondering about it’s abilities in and around saltwater, I know it has a beach mode but do you have to lower the sensitivity much to get it stable? I have an Equinox 600 and it’s a great machine except I live in Canada and find it frustrating on our clad coins, I’ve heard the Anfibio does well on it, the 600 is great in many ways but my buddy finds way more clad with his AT gold but can’t go near the salt, I have used the 600  snorkeling and would also dive with the Anfibio, the fact that it is rated deeper is a bonus along with the collapsible shaft. Anybody have experience with one.

• Like 1

Nokta/Makro units are noted as being very stable around saltwater for detectors that run on a single frequency. The only videos I could find so far on the subject are Dutch...

The Nokta/Makro Multi Kruzer is practically the same detector and so it’s performance may offer clues....

• Like 1

Basically you can get them as stable as you want. On very wet sand and in the water you will need to get the ground balance near zero. Depending on where you set the sensitivity, you may get a false when you knock the coil on the sand. If you don't have many rocks and can maintain a steady coil height above the sand you can up the sensitivity and still run very stable. 

My preference is to ground balance in Beach mode, manually up the ground balance to 1 or 2 (better for jewellery) and use Gen (all-metal) mode. This gives me a threshold and iSat adjustment. In this mode I feel I can pick the deep targets a little better. 

I've also tried the Mars 7" DD coil on the Anfibio in the water and it cuts through the water with ease and is super stable. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Ive also heard of guys balancing in "Beach" then using the other deeper ID modes.  

cjc

• Like 2