What Coil Would You Buy With Your Orx

Ridge Runner

I was looking over the manual on the ORX and I was wondering what’s the best coil in the field detecting.

The manual shows the 9” can run in 15,30 and up to 50 kHz. The Elliptical can run in 15 , 30 but can run in 80 KHz too . I can see if you plan on nugget hunting the 80 KHz could be more favorable for you. You can see it also hits the 15 and 30 KHz say for coin hunting. The real problem between the two coils is the depth as I can see it. I feel the round 9” could be a good nugget hunter but just can’t hit 80 KHz .

I don’t plan on running out tomorrow and buying the ORX . I just like your opinion and to put your thinking caps on .

It really don’t make any difference how many frequencies you can access it’s still a single frequency detector .

Chuck 

PS To get the full benefit of what this detector has to offer you need three coils.

15 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

PS To get the full benefit of what this detector has to offer you need three coils.

You could say that about any detector Chuck. If it was me I would get the 9" round coil. There is almost no difference between 50 khz and 80 khz when nugget detecting, if any. The round coil will get a hair more depth on coin size and larger targets.

Steve

I’m not sure if I’ll buy the ORX but I know what you say I can take it to the bank and cash it in.

Thanks for reply .

Chuck