Ten Months Of Fun!!

Tometusns

Great season!

Especially for using a new detector.. I see your doing well with the Indians too! Seems to be a sweet spot for the Nox. 

Bryan

• Thanks 1

That's an understatement!!  61 Indian Heads alone is more than a lifetime for most US coin hunters, and look at all that silver!  I'd call my whole year successful with just one Walking Liberty half (yet to find my first silver half dollar).

Although I'm sure the Eqx helped, it's obvious you have a lot more going for you than just the detector.  Hope 2019 brings you even more good stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The last time I had finds like that was when the F75 first came out. 

At that time it was a tremendous game changer for me.?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

That's an understatement!!  61 Indian Heads alone is more than a lifetime for most US coin hunters, and look at all that silver!  I'd call my whole year successful with just one Walking Liberty half (yet to find my first silver half dollar).

Although I'm sure the Eqx helped, it's obvious you have a lot more going for you than just the detector.  Hope 2019 brings you even more good stuff.

Thanks GB, It was a crazy year for Indians. I was finding them right along hitting yards in town but the last several months I've been going to old schools and churches. The silver count dropped off some but the indian head penny count shot up. One church gave up 18 Indians and 2 v- nickels along with several other artifacts. I actually found 69 Indians total. My wife got me an indian head book for Christmas and I have put the dates in it that I didn't already have. I know I'll never complete it but it's fun trying to fill them with your metal detector finds. I have a mercury dime book I've been working on for quite a while and reached 49 in it. I got a 1921 mercury this year which was cool.  Notice in the pic of the merc's the black marks by three of the dates. My son when he was younger found those and wrote his name by them. When he got older we had the book out one day and he said hmm I better get those and put them with my collection.. lol. I sure like hunting with him when we can.

Tom

15467977765158000764718301464503.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark Gillespie said:

The last time I had finds like that was when the F75 first came out. 

At that time it was a tremendous game changer for me.?

Mark, the Equinox has been a definite game changer for me!! ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tometusns said:

I got a 1921 mercury this year...

That's a great find!  3rd toughest to find (not counting the 1942/1 overdates) after 21-D and the Holy Grail of Mercs -- 1916-D.  I actually have both 21's but the -D was inherited from an uncle and the plain, which I found when a kid, is badly worn.

It looks like you have a couple scarce IH's -- 1864-L and 1866?  Did you find those metal detecting?

Those old (blue) Whitman folders bring back a lot of memories.  The use of the plugs on the rare dates wasn't consistent over the years.  I see your Merc book has the 1916-D plugged.  Mine (I think I have it -- empty -- somewhere) never had the plug.  One I find interesting is the Liberty Head nickel (V-nickel) folder which at one time had the 1913 plugged.  (I think later they just left that date out of the folder entirely, although I'm not sure about that.)  With only five 1913's V-nickels ever minted and all accounted for, I doubt anyone will ever have a need to pull the plug out.  ?

• Like 1

GB, they're all my metal detector finds. 64 and 65 are the two oldest. But nothing special.  I've got another 64 that's in better shape in a 2X2 that I found in my dad's yard years ago. I may pick up some nickel books.