How Much Are You Willing To Pay For The Orx

Ridge Runner

Every dealer so far is showing the ORX selling for 899.00.

What do you think this detector should be selling for ?

Even if you can access lots of frequencies it’s still one at a time.

It comes with wireless headphones and wireless coil but a chain is no stronger than its weakest link . The wireless headphones go out no big deal because you have a speaker to fall back on . That coil battery goes south or you forget to charge it,you’re down.

Let’s hear from you!

Chuck

orx-by-xp-gold-nugget-detector.jpg.f8bab

Right now we have a true multi frequency detector for the same price of 899.00 as the ORX.

The ORX have soon of the same as the detector that I’m referring to but comes up short on two major things .

One it’s not waterproof and the other is it’s not a multi frequency detector .

It does have a wireless coil but a wired coil in the long run is better.

Looking over the manual the ORX don’t show a depth meter.

Okay us add or subtract the true value of the ORX.

The ORX is not waterproof. That’s a 100 less.

The ORX is not a multi frequency detector. That’s another 100 less.

The ORX don’t have a depth meter. Some of the cheapest detectors have that . That I’d say 50 off for the like of.

The ORX has a wireless coil but that don’t add are take away.

Not waterproof 100

not a MF detector   100

No depth meter 50

That adds up with a total off their ORX of 250.00.

Take 899.00

Less 250.00

649.00 is a fair price on what the ORX has to offer.

I was thinking about getting it but this alone has made me think about maybe I don’t want it.

Chuck 

We don’t get to pick the price. The only question is whether the machine has what you want for the price. You either want a Deus type machine or you don’t. In my case I don’t consider the tiny savings on the Orx are enough to deter me from getting a Deus instead. Deus does everything that Orx does and more for almost no extra money, so why settle for the Orx? If the Orx does something the Deus does not do I have not figured it out. What I don’t understand Chuck is why you are even considering the Orx?

From my perspective the Orx is quite simple. The big money has been in gold prospecting, not coin and relic. The Orx is an attempt by XP to make a detector that appeals more to gold prospectors. That’s it. There is nothing else to see here. The concern for XP should not be what coin and relic people think of Orx but what prospectors think about it. The total lack of interest from the prospecting community is not a good sign. There is almost no mention on all the major gold prospecting forums so if prospectors are the target market XP has some work to do.

The real game here is Orx versus the other gold machines, so I will have to do up a comparison and post.

XP ORX Gold Prospecting Metal Detector

XP is pleased to announce the ORX Gold Prospecting Metal Detector. Get ready for some High-performance Gold prospecting and Coin hunting!

orx-by-xp-metal-detectors.jpg

ORX Gold Prospecting Metal Detector Key Features:

• HF coil technology (21 Frequencies ranging from 13 to 81kHz).
  • Extreme sensitivity to small targets with high frequency 50kHz and 81 kHz.
  • 4 factory programs: Gold Prospecting (x2) – Coins and Relic (x2), + 2 user.
  • Trusted XP fast wireless technology: Coil – Remote – Headphones – MI-6.
  • The all new “WS Audio®” compact wireless headphone receiver.
  • Re designed ultra-light Telescopic “S” stem.
  • The lightest machine on the market at only 770grs (remote hip mounted).
  • Easy to operate with a user-friendly interface.
  • Wireless connectivity to the MI-6 pinpointer + advanced remote settings.
  • Lithium batteries, giving up to around 20 hours detecting.
  • Easy to charge with any certified USB charger or via computer (XP USB charger optional only)
  • Available with a choice of HF coils – 22cm (9’) Round or 24/13cm (9.5’/5’) Elliptical.
  • Compatible with the X35 coil range (22, 28, 34/28cm).
  • Software Update (remote control via USB cable).
  • Go terrain mobile app compatible (coming 2019).
  • 5-year warranty – Made in France.
  • Affordable price – Suggested maximum retail price: 699€ including taxes – 799€ including taxes with wireless headphone (WSA).
  • Like 1

Steve

You’re right why in the Sam Hill am I looking at the ORX. Well you can take this and write it on the bathroom wall are anywhere you want that Chuck is not anymore.

I’ve done called the Minelab dealer that I want to order another Nox 800 with the 6” coil. This makes the second Nox I’ve had within a year .

I tell you now that I will not darken the door of this post ever again.

Thank You Mr. Herschbach for straightening me out in my sinning ways. I have seen the light . I should you shining that things right in my eyes .haha

Chuck 

The ORX likely suffers from trying to be both a dedicated gold machine and an all-purpose VLF detector.  Viewed as a gold machine, it gives an impressive range of high-frequency options and should be capable of finding very small gold, but doesn't seem to offer much in the way of dedicated features.  Also, the smallest coil available is apparently 10x5, so it doesn't have the small coil typically available with the dedicated gold machines.  As an all-purpose detector, it can't beat either the original Deus (which uses the same coils) or, especially, the Equinox (which actually does offer a 6" coil).  But the ORX does have weight going for it (compared to the Equinox and most dedicated gold machines), and maybe there's something magic about its gold modes (or are they just settings that could also be programmed into the Deus?).  XP may also have sufficient room to adjust the price to make it highly competitive.

Guest Tnsharpshooter

And it seems X35 coils (right now anyway) don’t look to be offered with packages offered with ORX.  So a person has to buy additional coil to get X35 performance.   

7 hours ago, Dubious said:

The ORX likely suffers from trying to be both a dedicated gold machine and an all-purpose VLF detector.  Viewed as a gold machine, it gives an impressive range of high-frequency options and should be capable of finding very small gold, but doesn't seem to offer much in the way of dedicated features.  Also, the smallest coil available is apparently 10x5, so it doesn't have the small coil typically available with the dedicated gold machines.  As an all-purpose detector, it can't beat either the original Deus (which uses the same coils) or, especially, the Equinox (which actually does offer a 6" coil).  But the ORX does have weight going for it (compared to the Equinox and most dedicated gold machines), and maybe there's something magic about its gold modes (or are they just settings that could also be programmed into the Deus?).  XP may also have sufficient room to adjust the price to make it highly competitive.

I agree that the ORX misses the mark.  It is not priced sufficiently competitively to really even compete with the Deus lite package and used Deus full packages can be found online for about the same price as a new ORX with performance that totally eclipses and exceeds anything ORX can offer.  However, I wanted to comment on the coil comments above.

The XP HF 9.5" x 5"elliptical really holds its own and typically exceeds the performance of the 6" Equinox coil in restricted swing situations and mineralized ground when hunting relics.  I know because I have tested them head to under the same brutal iron and mineralized soil conditions.  I call the XP HF elliptical the "laser pointer" because the combination of 28 khz operation and lightning fast Deus/ORX recovery really make the coil a killer in trash pits, around logs, and in hot soil.  The Equinox 6" coil has no real advantage over the 9.5" HF elliptical and honestly I wish ML would have come out with an elliptical similar in dimension to the XP offering that would provide the restricted swing advantage and separation ability of the narrow elliptical shape with the ground coverage afforded by the 9.5" long dimension.  A missed opportunity by ML in my opinion.  

BTW, to answer your question, the gold modes on ORX are identical to the Gold Field mode (VCO pitch audio, iron rejection (not disc) all metal mode) on the XP Deus.

In my opinion, XP could really move some product by simply offering the ORX package with a buyers choice of any two DEUS coils.  That would be killer and I think XP would make some serious coin on volume sales.

As it is now, ORX is stuck in some twilight zone world where you can still get Deus cheaper (lite package) with more capability or even a used full up Deus package or new Equinox 800 (also with more capability) for the same price.  Really a swing and miss by XP, unfortunately.

• Like 2