How Much Are You Willing To Pay For The Orx

Ridge Runner

Back to the original topic of this thread.

Since I already own a Deus I would not buy one unless the price was under $500.  And even then there are others used that might make a better spare or loaner.

In it's current price range there are other detectors that offer more interesting features.

I doubt that general detecting in the US was their target market.

Hi parkgt,

The XP Deus that I own, has a notch type ground balance system in Goldfield which I don't particularly care for. It is conceivable (though not likely) that it could automatically notch out gold targets if the surrounding ground/hot rocks had a similar conductive ID. I might consider looking closely at the ORX if it ground balances differently. 

The European sites that I visit are generally positive in their opinions of the ORX. They like the simplicity of the programming and setup, the inclusion of the remote control box in the package, and don't seem to mind the absence of the hockey puck controller at all. They like the coil selections and the headphone volume adjust feature. They are a bit skeptical about the changes to the shaft system, especially its even lighter weight and more plastic build quality.

If I did not already own a Deus and I was looking specifically for an extremely lightweight, ergonomically comfortable, wireless, rechargeable detector with gold prospecting/true all metal mode capabilities, and many other great features that could be practically waterproofed with the addition of an inexpensive accessory kit, I would definitely look at the ORX full package. I think it gives someone desiring those characteristics a very viable alternative to the similarly priced Deus Lite setup. I like the less cluttered control box screen and the bigger ID numbers.  It is also almost half the price of the full Deus setup.

For those that don't fit the average male, age 16 to 65, fairly fit demographic, I have not used a detector with all the features of the Deus/ORX that can match them for build quality and comfort. As far as I know, nothing comes close. Otherwise, as has been said, there are many other alternatives if one wants a great gold prospecting detector and does not have physical limitations for swinging a 3+ to 6+ pound detector for long lengths of time.  

As Steve has said, I have yet to see much about the ORX (or the Deus for that matter), purely as a prospecting detector (I don't read french well) and I haven't had a chance to field test my Deus with the HF and X35 coils. That will happen soon I hope.

Jeff

• Like 1

Wired, waterproof and lower price would have more people interested. I think if it had been waterproof that would have really made a difference.

Rick

Thank you parkgt for trying to get this post back on track .

I wanted this detector for lack of weight. I also wanted it because it had a gold and coin mode showing two each . It’s a video showing you if you want to coin hunt you should get the 9” round coil but if you want to nugget hunt then get the 9X5 coil .

It was said we don’t pick the price and I don’t pick a over price detector either.

I believe the ORX will be like the last of the three little pigs in that it will be wee wee wee all the way back to France .

Chuck 

If looking for a small gold machine, personally I would not consider the ORX except at a bargain basement price(<$500), mainly because I would want ground tracking and the availability of a smaller coil, which it lacks.  But, I can see how that someone who wants a truly light machine might be willing to pay a $200 or so premium. ORX is impressive in that department.

Hi,

wow my face is really sore from getting slapped!!!!!!!

I didn't realize we had left the topic. So, just to make sure.....

I'm thinking $750 for the ORX with wireless headphones is a fair price. It is still a whole lot of detector for those of us that are really familiar with XPs. $600 for the wired headphone version sounds about right.

That removable back headphone module acts like another wireless receiver for the wired headphones of your choice. The multiple frequencies are really nice too when compared to other detectors with similar frequencies. The true, threshold based all metal is also a real plus with both the Deus and the ORX. The Mi6 handheld pinpointer interface is pretty neat too......

Chuck, I can't find a designated depth meter either.  None of my Minelab PIs and the Whites TDIs have had a depth meter and neither does the Gold Monster 1000 so that must not be a big deal for most prospectors. For coin and jewelry I would feel a lot less comfortable without one in public parks. You can use pinpoint mode on the ORX to get a pretty good idea of depth (the pinpoint square fills in more and more the shallower the target) along with the audio response. The Deus has a very rudimentary depth meter on the Horseshoe ferrous/non-ferrous graph.

Jeff

Steve Herschbach has anyone ever told you that you are full of bull !?

Go write this on your bathroom wall that Chuck Anders said you could be .

Where did you get 699 from?

Chuck 

Jeff

I’m not suppose to be posting here anymore but the ones you’re talking about don’t have two coin modes either .

I rest my case !

Chuck Bull shooter at law

Geez, now I'm gettin' shot at!!!!!

Jeff