Equinox Beach Finds 05-01-19 1st Gold

Nuke em

Hi Nuke em, Some great finds, thanks for sharing them. What part of the UK are you in? I'm not getting the same luck, what settings are you using? - I assume Beach 1for Dry settings, and Beach 2 for wet sand and in the water. - Are you making any changes to the basic settings.

Normally I prefer the fields inland, but I've tried the beaches here in Devon. My Nox seems much better than my old Garrett especially in sea water, first time out I discovered two old sixpences, but not much else since. Hence my question about your location. I assume its in a more popular location? I generally search two beaches, one that is busy in Summer, but I suspect that there are other detectorists that check the beach every day. The other beach was used to practice the D Day landings, it's remote, windswept, and pebbly,  so not the crowds, I do find .303 cartridges and shrapnel.

Any tips on avoiding can slaw? I find whole cans at 22, but fragments at any number down to about 7. 

Finally does anyone know what ZHU YA LIAO ZHI XIE KE LI means? (I've tried translations on the web) I've found a packet washed up on the beach - size of a T bag, with lots of printed Chinese writing and those words. I assume it's a sort of herbal medicine. Cheers Clive

I use Beach 2 everywhere at the moment but have my own settings . I cannot remember them off my head . But Gray Ghost headphones are a must to get the best from this machine .

My beaches do get done a lot by others too , and Cashless society is killing the new losses but there are still a lot of older stuff about if the conditions are right.

There is no way to discrim Aluminium .

• Like 1

The DM probably means that the solder has the same purity as the rest of the ring, so that when melted it will still be 22K (.916%)

It may have 8% cadium 92% gold solder while modern solders are around 60/40 gold to copper ratio which would affect purity if melted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alluminati said:

The DM probably means that the solder has the same purity as the rest of the ring, so that when melted it will still be 22K (.916%)

I was hoping Diamond .

Just now, Alluminati said:

It probably is a diamond. You should have it checked. I have one of those portable units here that tests the thermal conductivity of stones.

I will get around to it sometime.

• Like 1