Hey From Colorado!

moseng

Been away from metal detecting for a few years and while cleaning out some stuff a couple months back I came across some of my old finds and long story short I can't believe how much fun I'm having digging in the dirt again. The other day I literally chiseled a merc out of the frozen ground about 8 inches down and seeing it in the hole made it almost worth the 25 minutes it took to get it! :)  I use a Minelab E-Trac with a Sunray probe attached and we are best buds. The problem is the older I get, the heavier it gets. So, I'm looking for a new lighter detector for the springtime. Hoping to get some information on the latest and greatest. Also, I heard there may be some gold here in Colorado so I'm keen to try and get me some of that stuff too! Since I know almost nothing about how to do that, I'm also hoping to get some information here on it as well. Thanks for letting me in! :)

Welcome to the forum moseng! Glad you found your way back to metal detecting.

I’d have a look at the Minelab Equinox 800 if interested in nugget hunting. It’s reasonably priced and has all the features for the beach and saltwater. It’s also waterproof.

Good luck!

BH

7 hours ago, moseng said:

Also, I heard there may be some gold here in Colorado so I'm keen to try and get me some of that stuff too!

1 hour ago, moseng said:

Thanks BeachHunter! Yep, the Equinox is on my shortlist....

Welcome!  The Minelab Equinox 800 (more so than the 600) is excellent for small natural gold.  You can spend many hours (days?) reading posts here about the Equinox, including some regarding its ability finding native gold.  I recommend contacting dealer Gerry McMullen (https://www.detectorprospector.com/profile/182-gerry-in-idaho/) when you're ready to purchase.  And you may want to check out this organization:  https://www.coloradoprospector.com/

• Like 1