How I Can Find Gold Rings With Nox 600

Hi to app.

I have a Nox 600 since 1 year and I used here in Italy to find everywhere  generally on beaches but not only.

I choosed to buy the 600 instead of the 800 version due to the fact that here I can't find native Gold but this is my opinion that for me Nox 800 was wasted.

I found just 4 Gold little items last year and I made a lot of work for that. I digged a lot on beaches and I digged from VDI 1 to VDI 29 in Beach 1 and 2 depending of near the sea or just in the Sand. As I remember 3 little rings  at VDI 6, 10 and 12.

Now what I want to ask you in your experience is:

Is it ok to stay with 600? Or could be very different for finding gold rings in the beach (my possibile gold items here are just rings and other little items on beach, no native gold nuggets...)

Is a good idea to change mi finding way to All Metal mode?

I used generally 5 tones. Do you advice me to start Learning the 50 tones in the way that I could choose to dig low ID (2 to 12) and be more helpful to find gold instead of tinfoil. Now the probability that from VDI 2 to 12 could be gold items la very low just looking at the target ID.

In your esperience with Equinox which trick or method you advise me most for the search for gold objects like rings or earrings or small objects on the beach?

Thank you very much. Every SUGGESTION is appreciated.

I would like to see a table of VDI made by you diggers  to compare it with mine on attachment related to findings here in Italy:

20180506-162005.jpg

Best

Pat

• Like 4

Wow, you've found 5 Rentenpfennig in italy, nice!

On 1/7/2019 at 4:42 AM, sullivan2002 said:

As I remember 3 little rings bad VDI 6, 10 and 12.

Define bad - If you want to find gold, you have to dig those. At least, that's the lesson I've learned... My last find was a 18k 1000€ ring, which came in at ID14 - while coinshooting, I'd normally wouldn't have digged that :wacko:

I've been 100s of hours on the beach in the last year, and only found 3 gold items. For me there are 3 main reasons for that:

- We have no tide and I only hunt the dry sand. Most of the good stuff is in the water.

- I didn't dig all those low numbers. Our beaches are relatively trash conterminated compared to some other beaches of fellow detectorists - that's why I simply can't dig all those low numbers in the summertime, If I wan't to collect some certain amount of clad.

- My beaches are very small, little to no hotels or big tourism, mostly local people. And.. germans don't seem to wear as much gold as other nationalities people :wink:

All in all I don't think another machine will suddenly increase your number of gold finds. You really have to find those well visited localtions and dig low numbers for small gold, A good portion of luck will also help :wink: Try to find the spots where heavy items settle (fishing weights for example) - most likely other heavy items will settle around that area.

• Like 1

No..... the 600 is a fine beach machine.  YES run in AM.... it dont chop signals.   But reduce your iron volume to 3... which will make it a soft back ground sound.   I believe you will find 50 tones will help you size the target better and help with iron/mineral falsing ID as well.   The thing you have to remember about foil OUT of the water...... it moves easily.   Those rises say in the dry sand .... you are going to get a lot of it there especially because  it will blow and concentrate there.   In the wet sand nearer the water .... you may get some can slaw but no so much foil like gum wrappers....... so if you dont dig the smaller digits i can assure you you WILL miss some small gold.   Its difficult to say why you may not be finding gold with machine...... but eliminate the you factor.  Keep that coil on the sand, over lap, listen more to mid conductor or for a tie even disc out a penny and above until you train your ear, and maybe slow down.   Also there maybe 100 bad to every 1 good target on the dry sand........ but that narrows as you move toward the water... and in the water 10 to 1 ratio.  

• Like 3

On 1/9/2019 at 11:15 AM, Sinclair said:

Wow, you've found 5 Rentenpfennig in italy, nice!

Define bad - If you want to find gold, you have to dig those. At least, that's the lesson I've learned... My last find was a 18k 1000€ ring, which came in at ID14 - while coinshooting, I'd normally wouldn't have digged that :wacko:

I've been 100s of hours on the beach in the last year, and only found 3 gold items. For me there are 3 main reasons for that:

- We have no tide and I only hunt the dry sand. Most of the good stuff is in the water.

- I didn't dig all those low numbers. Our beaches are relatively trash conterminated compared to some other beaches of fellow detectorists - that's why I simply can't dig all those low numbers in the summertime, If I wan't to collect some certain amount of clad.

- My beaches are very small, little to no hotels or big tourism, mostly local people. And.. germans don't seem to wear as much gold as other nationalities people :wink:

All in all I don't think another machine will suddenly increase your number of gold finds. You really have to find those well visited localtions and dig low numbers for small gold, A good portion of luck will also help :wink: Try to find the spots where heavy items settle (fishing weights for example) - most likely other heavy items will settle around that area.

* "bad" was error of typing on my smartphone,?, It was at...

Yes, I'm agree with you. I have to try again and again also in the same places  and I will do next summer on the wet sand and first meters on the beach where we suppose to find more gold and silver items there.

On 1/9/2019 at 12:37 PM, dewcon4414 said:

No..... the 600 is a fine beach machine.  YES run in AM.... it dont chop signals.   But reduce your iron volume to 3... which will make it a soft back ground sound.   I believe you will find 50 tones will help you size the target better and help with iron/mineral falsing ID as well.   The thing you have to remember about foil OUT of the water...... it moves easily.   Those rises say in the dry sand .... you are going to get a lot of it there especially because  it will blow and concentrate there.   In the wet sand nearer the water .... you may get some can slaw but no so much foil like gum wrappers....... so if you dont dig the smaller digits i can assure you you WILL miss some small gold.   Its difficult to say why you may not be finding gold with machine...... but eliminate the you factor.  Keep that coil on the sand, over lap, listen more to mid conductor or for a tie even disc out a penny and above until you train your ear, and maybe slow down.   Also there maybe 100 bad to every 1 good target on the dry sand........ but that narrows as you move toward the water... and in the water 10 to 1 ratio.   

Yes, I think so, I like my Nox 600 too. I agree on what you say. I have to dig also low ID from 1 cause little rings could have low ID of course.