Sd 2100 Sick ?

I recently picked up a used SD 2100 on craigslist for next to nothing. When I power it on, the audio clips then settles down to a stable threshold . It also clips on a strong signal response. Is this normal ? Thank's to all who reply

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I am not sure what you mean by "clips". The SD2100 did make a weird noise on strong targets, but it has been so long since I ran one I am not sure we are referring to same thing. If it is detecting targets in tests its probably fine.

Thanks for the info hard to find videos of the SD 2100 in operation where you can hear the signal what I meant by Clips is the audio tone gets low then turns to a clicking as the coil approaches a large Target then goes back to normal as the coil is moved away. it detects Targets in air and ground testing. I picked it up late this summer and didn't get to play with it much. the guy I got it from said he had found some nuggets with it in Libby  Montana. I guess it's probably okay

1015181133a.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Yup, sounds normal to me but you could put a video up of it, that may help determine if it's normal

thank you, terrific idea but I have no external speaker yet and it might be hard to record the audio from the headphones with my cell phone. 

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

Yup, sounds normal to me but you could put a video up of it, that may help determine if it's normal

I uploaded a video on utube of the audio on a large aluminum target. I can't figure out how to attach the link, but if you search sd2100 audio signal  you will find it. thanks

thank you for uploading that. I'm a newbie at computers and have no skills   lol

Hey devilsrenegade, where are you in Montana? Im in kalispell. I may know the person who sold it to you if he hunts Libby Creek. Whats his name?

29 minutes ago, goldseeker4000 said:

Hey devilsrenegade, where are you in Montana? Im in kalispell. I may know the person who sold it to you if he hunts Libby Creek. Whats his name?

I live in missoula, don't remember the name, I think he was from Kalispell also,  that's where we  made the exchange.

15 hours ago, phrunt said:

This is the link

It certainly sounds "different" to the GPX, someone who's used one before will have to let you know if it's normal or not.

Nenad @ phase technical left a comment on my utube channel . He said the audio sounds normal for this detector. thanks to everyone for helping me on this. 

• Like 1