longhn

When Does New GPZ Gold Metal Detector Come Out?

3 hours ago, Northeast said:

Some great advice above. 

And on unproven ground a pan, a shovel and a tub of water may be your best value option  👍

My thought; I agree..
Why..?
You say you're surrounded by old gold mines.. What makes you think you have near-surface detectable Au
when all your now-long-gone neighbors needed to go underground to get at theirs..? Just sayin'..

Swamp

• Like 1

For new detectors coming out from Minelab, keep your eye out on the patent, and trademark websites for names like Codan, Minelab, Bruce Candy, ect....

• Like 5

There has been way more gold found without a detector than with one!

Mitchel

• Like 6

If the GPX line is any guide (4000, 4500, 4800, 5000), the successor to the GPZ 7000 may well be the GPZ 7500, offering only incremental improvement. 

I'm not accusing Minelab of laziness, but the fact of the matter is that unless some of the other manufacturers do some impressive catching up in the high-end gold machine niche, Minelab probably doesn't need to do much to stay ahead.

• Like 2

They like selling us 2-3" at a time..lol

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 7:49 PM, mn90403 said:

There has been way more gold found without a detector than with one!

Mitchel

That may be the case but I don't think you can come upon an "easier" way to find gold than strolling over the ground at a leisurely pace, than with a detector. The "hardest" work is digging & backfilling your dig hole or scrapping out a crevice. You don't need to spend time & money moving mountains of over burden or burrowing into the bowels of the earth through hard rock & then having to process the ore. That is the realm of the big boys & lots of money. Not your individual lone prospector. These days machinery does a lot of the hard work, unlike in the early days. I think we have it pretty easy. Look at the amounts of large gold found by the individual in more modern times when detectors did come out.

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

• Like 5

Yes, JW, I agree.  But look at all the clues that were left behind from the era before metal detectors!

My point was that we should and do seek out gold spots found WITHOUT a metal detector and we then try it WITH the 'easy find' tool as you describe.

Mitchel

Interesting, talking about clues left behind, early days with the early VLFs we run around here and there, getting the easy surface stuff. I revisit over the years some of those isolated places with our deeper more sensitive detectors and in some cases Wow, we got some clues but we left more. How many such spots not revisited or forgotten or the original operator has moved on and of course how many clues taken out now with our "better" detectors, patches "almost" found

Makes you wonder about those patches that were almost found? What techniques should we be adopting to maximise our chances of finding them? Maybe the metal detector has spoilt us a wee bit but then again maybe we are not utilizing that detectors capability properly, sure we might believe we have mastered its capabilities and got our swing right but have we mastered what ground to use it on? Buh time will tell.

• Like 3

Hey longhn! I would buy Steve's GPZ if I were you. I would love to own anything the Gold Godfather Steve has touched! P.S. Steve you selling that fresh Walco pick yet ? -Mike

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Jonathan Porter
      I go about Ferrite balancing a bit differently to what is shown or advised, this is my own preference and is to do with Saturation noise and Salt signals, especially with the X coils because they can Saturate quite badly. 
      Instead of the Octopus wobble I briskly (not too brisk) wave the coil over the ferrite from left to right under the blue sticker at the front of the GPZ 14 coil, this is with the Quick Trak button depressed of course. DO NOT scrub the coil on the Ferrite this is because there is always a bit of residual signal especially in Saturable ground, once the ferrite noise dissipates I release QT and pump the coil to one side (make sure you are in Semi-Auto GB mode), this then gives the GB accuracy as a DOD coil will always sound quiet from side to side even if the GB is out, once there is no noise up and down then come over the Ferrite again to check if there is signal and repeate the process using QT if there is. Pump the coil to one side again and check the Ferrite again. This whole process should take 20 seconds, eventually you will get no ground signal up and down (Ground Noise) and minimal signal over the Ferrite. 
      If the ground has BAD Saturation signal the Saturation signal will be magnified up through the centre of the Ferrite thereby preventing you from getting the coil close enough to actually balance the Ferrite out fully, in other words the detector will be trying to balance out the Saturation signal and not the X signal off the Ferrite.

I also recommend users adopt the GB configured to their USER button approach and to go into Manual mode when checking deep targets or committing to dig, leaving the GPZ in Semi-Auto will allow the GB to drift either through exposure to the pick whilst digging or just general drift through the coil not moving, either way the GB will be out which is not obvious unless you pump the coil. 

JP
    • By phoenix
      A couple of months ago I put out a call for the parts list for the WM12 because my original WM12 was taking forever to charge.          At the same time I bought the replacement battery, I also bought some heavier charging cables because I have about half a dozen devices that all use the same cable. I bought cables that were listed as suitable for external hard drives and they were about 6 bucks each. Because I kept changing cables on different devices I don`t even know now what cables came with the WM12.         Anyway, with the heavier charging cables my original WM12 now charges QUICKER than the newer WM12, so I don`t need to fit the battery.        Maybe, if your WM12 is getting sluggish charging, it may not be the battery, it may be the cable breaking down.   Just a thought.    Dave

• By Skookum
      Alright, I know nobody really knows the answer to when there will be a GPZ successor.  Because of that, I'm just pinging for some opinions.  We are currently a VLF only family that's interested in a detector that reduces some of the hot rock music we listen to here in Arizona.  If you were in the market and didn't have a PI detector would you:  A) get a used GPZ for $4500-5000 or B) wait and see what comes out over the next one to several years (depending on what rumors you believe)?  And, a here's bonus follow up question.  Does anybody have a guess what happens to used GPZ prices after the next model appears?
    • By afreakofnature
      I would like to start a thread of peoples opinions on what they found between these two machines with various coils.  I love my SDC and have found my biggest and smallest gold with it (8”).  My GPZ has definitely gone deeper for gold (14”).  I am about even on the total count for each, weight a being different story.
      I understand that if you only have one detector then you want coil options, but if you got both I wonder what would be a better bang for your buck?  A 10” Xcoil at $1000 or a 11”Coiltek at $310.  Thats if they compare at depth and sensitivity.
      Norvic I would love for you to state your opinions here, you seem to have the most on thses just based on other posts.
    • By phoenix
      Clearly, with the huge amount of interest that is being shown in the after market coils for 7000, it`s obvious that there is a market out there for coils other than 14'' and 19".       I don`t take the 19" out much because I have had very little success with it and with my bad wrists it`s just too damn heavy, but Minelab did tell us in the early days of marketing the 7000 that they would be releasing a 11" coil down the track, and now there is another company that nobody has ever heard of making a huge range of coils that are lighter and have so far been very well received by the public.
      What`s going on Minelab?
    • By davsgold
      The battery is ok but, it maybe the speaker or some other connection.
      It has static at times and cuts in and out, even when it is clipped to the arm strap on the detector, I have narrowed it down to the WM12 as even when it has headphones plugged in it still does the same as when they are unplugged and with a booster and external speakers it does the same whether they are plugged in or not.
      Is there a way to check if it is just the WM12 speaker or something else inside it.
      It looks like the actual speaker is a replacement part? and would hopefully be cheaper than a whole new WM12
      Any ideas?
      So for now I am just plugging the booster and dual speakers into the back of the 7000 near the battery, but after getting used to being unteathered  by cables it is just a bit annoying when you put the machine down and go to retrieve the target. 
      cheers dave