Sign in to follow this  
yomahat

Which Large Coil For Multi Kruzer?

Hi all,

I am looking to buy an additional coil for my MK 14kHz to get some extra depth while in the field. I cannot decide between AF35 and KR40. Could you please advise which coil shall I purchase to add some depth for coin, jewellery and relic hunting and why?

I would really appreciate your answer!

Thank you in advance!

82084DD9-A3AE-4F0A-B89F-9CBBC5EB254D.jpe

Welcome to the forum!

Basically from my perspective it is a clearance and weight thing. You have to have fairly open ground for large coils.... I am assuming you have that.

If you have the strength to swing it, go for the KR40 15.5" x 14". Why? Maximum ground coverage and depth.

But it may be due to the weight that the AF35 is a better choice. That part only you can answer.

Ive only used the stock and 5x9.5 coils on mine so far.  They go deep enough for my needs and I tend to hunt more wooded areas. Think my next purchase will be the 5”dd or 7” concentric   

There are a few anfibio vids on YouTube using the KR35(13”) and it looks pretty effective.  The KR40 looks like it may be pushing it as far as being unwieldy.  

There's also the 11' round DD coil from the Anfibio that will work on the MMK. Gets more depth than the standard 7.5" X 11" MMK coil. 

I have swung the 15.5" x 13" on the Gold racer and the 15.5" x 14" on the Impact...

post-1-0-98176400-1448415260.jpg
Makro Gold Racer with 15.5" x 13" DD coil

nokta-impact-with-15-14-dd-coil.jpg.06b3
Nokta Impact with 15.5" x 14" coil

Just to note I am used to swinging heavy detectors all day. The large coil on the Gold Racer is obviously quite nose heavy but not as bad as anticipated. The version of the coil for the Gold Racer only weighs 1 lb 10.8 oz. Still, larger than most people want to swing on a detector this light.

The 15.5" x 14" coil is a little heavier at 1 lb 13 oz but on the Impact actually feels better due to the machine being better balanced with a large coil. This is because on the large battery box acting as a counterweight. I liked the feel of the large coil much better on the Impact.

The Multi Kruzer being an S rod design like the Gold Racer probably makes the 13" coil the better choice unless you have really strong arms. The larger coil fares better on the Impact and I assume Anfibio due to a better balanced design.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      Recorded 6/18/18 - Join George and Mike as they talk Makro Gold Kruzer and other Makro/Nokta metal detectors
      Listen to "George Kinsey & Makro Kruzer" on Spreaker.

More information on Makro Gold Kruzer
    • By Shelton

• By Shelton

• By Shelton

• By Shelton
    • By californiagold
      Hello,
      I finally had a chance to get out and try out the new Makro Gold Kruzer on a old gold patch that I like to use for testing. The mineralization there is tough and can be quite variable. ive tested many detectors there before and there is still gold present. I never detected all of the diggings so there is still some untouched ground. now it was the Mak gold Kruz's turn at it.
      The new Mak Gold Kruz is a very nice, well built vlf detector with a higher frequency that is quite capable of going after those small to tiny bits that are left over at many pounded sites. most don't like to spend the time chasing tiny crumbs, but for a lot of places there isn't much left at those specific areas but tiny gold. If your after gold crumbs all the way up to larger gold then Gold Kruz  would be a great choice to arm yourself with. steve already did a well written post about everything and more on the Makro gold kruzer, so I will just relay my experience with it.
      For this gold patch I was able to run Gold kruz in all metal with a sensitivity of 70-75 and 80-85 at some of the areas. it runs very smooth and without adjusting any isat, the threshold doesn't blank out over heavy spots of mineralization. others I tried before there do. some I could adjust some isat for a faster retune and they were good. The kruzer has a great balance and a nice grip and is pretty lightweight. it pings on gold easily and strong and was a great machine to hit the gold fields with. I am looking forward to using it more and also trying out the 7.5 x 4 " elliptical dd coil.
      The only issue that I had was the length adjustment for the supplied wireless headphones was just a little short for me and didn't quite come down all the way over my ears. that is with a hat on though, so maybe without they would. also I was very near a motherlode highway with big rigs and all, so the headphones on full volume were slightly lacking. but the traffic noise is horrendous. out in other gold fields im sure they would be fine. maybe an update to the detector volume might make them louder? All in all the headphones were very comfortable and top notch.
      I was able to easily find a few pieces of gold with the gold kruz and im definitely confident that it will make a great gold prospector. I would recommend it for anyone wanting a higher frequency machine.
      I am going to definitely have more post coming and videos using the Makro gold kruzer, so I will keep you posted on its experience. I also am going to do a video on undug targets in the gold patches comparing The Mak gold kruz, gold monster, and equinox just to see how she goes. it wont be a competition , just a comparison in my areas. some will be better then others in different sites and situations.
      my finds for the day for a couple of hours with Mak gold kruz was .7 gr or .5 dwt. not much but was a great experience. Thanks and Good Luck!