Sign in to follow this  
Steve Herschbach

Charles Garrett Memorial Hunt Deadline Approaching

The Charles Garrett Memorial Hunt is rapidly approaching, March 29 at Jefferson, Texas. Details here. February 1st is the deadline to receive a free hunt T-shirt in your hunt package.

• Like 2

From Facebook...

• Like 2

From Facebook....

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      From http://renoprospectinganddetecting.com/rye-patch-nugget-shoot/
      "2019 Rye Patch Nugget Shoot - To all interested parties the 2019 Nugget Shoot that was scheduled to be held Sept. 28th at the Rye Patch State Park in Nevada is hereby canceled due to circumstances beyond our control. We are planning on holding a 2020 Nugget Shoot at Rye Patch State Park next year. We thank all of our partners for the support they have given at the last 6 Nugget Shoots and hope they will continue with their support at the 2020 Nugget Shoot."
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Detectival UK Rally 2019
      'Bringing the world of Metal Detecting Together'
      Detectival was created to bring the world of metal detecting together. After running a large and successful event for XP Metal Detectors in 2016 we decided to continue the trend, while opening the event up to all manufacturers to support and sponsor, along with XP.
      The 2017 and 2018 events brought together traders and manufacturers from across the UK and various counties, a range of entertainment, various caterers, as well as a large amount of new land to detect. The events were great successes and enjoyed by the attendees and traders alike, and we hope that 2019 will be as enjoyable. Detectival is about having a great detecting experience while also enjoying the social side of this great hobby. We look forward to seeing you there.
      The event Metal Detecting days will be Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th September 2019.
      Full event tickets are £52.50 per person (£2.50 booking fee). Camping is £15 for 3 nights (Friday, Saturday & Sunday).
      (All prices stated above are excluding VAT, this will be added on at check out.  VAT registration number: 300 3094 65)
      The chosen location for Detectival 2019 will be near to the Historic Medieval Market towns of Burford & Charlbury in Oxfordshire on the edge of the Beautiful Cotswolds. We have almost 1000 acres to search, 600 of which is brand new undetected land. The site is near to the historic Cotswolds villages of Langley, Fulbrook, Milton Under Wychwood, Ascott under wychwood, Leafield & Shipton Under Wychwood. 
      UP TO 1000 ACRES OF LAND TO SEARCH, 600 UNDETECTED CAMPING FOR TENTS / CARAVANS & CAMPER VANS (LIMITED AVAILABILITY) TOILETS OTHER FACILITIES - TO BE CONFIRMED MANY MAJOR METAL DETECTOR MANUFACTURERS & TRADERS IN ATTENDANCE SOME UK METAL DETECTOR SHOPS HAVE CONFIRMED THEIR ATTENDANCE COIN & ARTEFACT DEALERS  FOOD AND DRINK LIVE BANDS DJS OTHER ENTERTAINMENT FULLY LICENSED BARS HISTORICAL RE ENACTMENTS CHARITY RAFFLE TOKEN HUNT  PLUS MORE http://www.detectival.com/

• By SittingElf
      I've been out of the picture for the last 4-5 months due to winter conditions here in the OKC area and duties as the Senior Spouse for my wife's Military Command on the Base here. Weather is finally moderating and time to start hunting again.
      I have two questions for you full-timers.
      1. I have never been interested in seeded group hunts/tournaments, but my son who is 11 is now going out with me regularly to TH with his Garrett Ace 300, and there is a big annual seeded hunt coming up about a hundred miles from us in April run by the Three Forks Treasure Hunters Club. This would be a fun trip for my son, and they have a kid's hunt on each day as well as regular adult hunts. 
      I have NEVER done one of these before as it isn't my thing, but for my son, we're going and wondering what you all would suggest for setting my 800 for seeded conditions. (The 300 is easy for him) The hunt will be in the Creek County Fairgrounds. We'll rent an RV for the weekend and give my son Kai an adventure...but I'd like to win some stuff too!  

2. I have my new 6" and 15" coils inbound and wondering if I should use the 15, or the stock 11 for this kind of competition hunting?

Your assistance is appreciated!  Next two weeks will be in the woods Morel Mushroom hunting, but back to the detectors in force following that.

Cheers,
      Frank

• By Steve Herschbach
      Date: 09 Mar 2019. - 10 Mar 2019 Venue: Hard Hill Tourist Reserve, Hard Hill Court, Wedderburn , VIC 3518 Bring along the family for a fun filled prospecting weekend on Saturday 9 & Sunday 10 March and participate in all the activities to do with detecting and gold panning. Major gold detector draws, and many lucky draw prizes up for grabs.
      Senior Detector Token Hunt - $50.00 for the weekend including breakfast and entertainment on the Saturday evening. $40.00 for one day.
      6.45am      Breakfast and registration (both days)
      7.45am      Competitors briefing (both days)
      Saturday:  8am to 3pm - Token Hunt -  All tokens found are to be handed in by 4pm.
      Sunday:    8am to 1pm -  Token Hunt - All tokens found are to be handed in by 1.30pm. 
      Rules & regulations must be adhered to and coils must not exceed 14 inch.
      Free entry for non participants.
      Visit The Website or For Further Information Contact
      www.loddon.vic.gov.au (03) 5494 3571 or
      Loddon Visitor Information Centre (03) 5494 3489
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Charles Garrett Memorial Hunt 2019
      in partnership with Texas Association of Metal Detecting Clubs
      Also known as Diggin’ Texas! Come out for a great weekend of metal detecting honoring the metal detecting legend Charles Garrett. There will be six different hunts, including “free range” hunting in the historic park itself. (See entry form for details on hunt packages and prices.) Prize tokens will be hidden in each hunt area. Find one and you could win Garrett detectors, Pro-Pointers, and more! Each hunt package includes free tent camping in the park. (A limited number of RV sites are available. Contact Diamond Don’s for rate.)
      Basic Hunt Package:
      Participation in prize hunts: Best Finds Hunt, Lights Out Hunt, Free Range Hunt, and Kids Hunt (for those 12 and  under). One Charles Garrett Memorial/Diggin’ Texas Hunt T-shirt (if hunt fee is paid before February 1, 2019) Free park admission and camping (RV camping requires additional fee) Hunters are free to search throughout the park grounds for native coins and relics that can be entered in the Best Finds contests. In addition, special prize tokens will be seeded throughout the park grounds that offer the finders a chance at winning metal detectors and other prizes. We also plan to excavate fresh areas of the historic town dump site, from which diggers unearthed many old bottles and relics at the past hunt. Meet other treasure hunters and find some treasure! Or explore Jefferson’s historic district and local museums Optional Silver Hunt and Relic Hunt also available.

Plenty of Fun for All Ages!

• Meet other treasure hunters and find some treasure! Or explore Jefferson’s historic district, including local museums or the Jefferson Railway.
      • Free Kids Hunt for ages 12 and under.
      • Ironclad boat replica, and cannon firing demonstrations on Saturday (weather permitting)
      • All prizes will be awarded! A random drawing will be conducted for unclaimed prizes.
      • Special guests, more details to be announced!
      • Picnic and coolers allowed. Alcohol restricted from designated hunt areas.
      Weekend of March 29-31, 2019 (rain or shine)

Diamond Don Empire
      1602 Highway 49 East
      Jefferson, TX 75657
      For more information visit the Garrett website
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Come one come all to the Annual Gathering of Treasure Hunters from throughout the land.  There will be fun, food, prizes and merriment for all at the Treasure Coast Archaeological Society (TCAS) 31st Annual Hunt.
      When:  Saturday, March 9, 2019
      Where:  Kiwanis-Hobart Park, Wabasso, Florida
      Under the shade of the pines in Hobart Park. Only 5 min from the 1715 Spanish fleet wreck treasure beaches. Competition hunt, silver and reale hunts. Lots of prizes including metal detectors (AT Pro, Ace 350/400), scoops, headphones and a lot more. The cost is $125 for the whole day (all hunts) including lunch. No individual pricing. If you send payment before March 1st, 2019, the cost is only $99. The fun starts at 9am. See our website for maps, forms and more information.
      COMPETITION HUNT - There will be several thousand painted tokens evenly distributed in the marked-off area, very close to the surface (within 1").  The goal is to locate and recover as many of the marked coins as possible in one hour. Trophies and prizes awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. Please feel free to gather at the border prior to the hunt, but please do not enter the area before the beginning of the hunt.  Everyone will begin at the same time and end at the same time.  Remaining time will be announced.  Please do not share tokens. Once you leave the hunt field, you cannot return. This hunt will require speed, technique, skill and the ability to bend over and have good knees and back. This hunt is for bragging rights as the "Best Competition Hunter". 
      YOUTH HUNT (12 and under)  - The smaller buccaneers among us will have an opportunity to strut their stuff.  This is a mini version of the Competition Hunt. Yes, you can observe and give verbal help, but the smaller buccaneer is the only one who can operate the magic wand (metal detector) and retrieve the tokens.  Remember the primary goal is to have fun.  
      THE SHOOT-OUT (PINPOINT) - This will definitely get you in the mood to pull some hair.  The object is to locate and place an X on the specific location of a coin attached to the underside of a piece of plywood.  The goal is to pinpoint the exact center of the hidden coin's location with your metal detector.  You will have 30 seconds to make your mark. Prizes awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.
      Then its break for LUNCH!
      SILVER HUNT and REALE HUNT - Silver coins will be randomly distributed in the field.  Recover as many as you can, and keep all that you find!!!  The more that sign up, the more coins we will put in the ground!  Prize tokens will also be planted and some will be for SPANISH REALES!