Marketing Obviously Didn't Consult Engineering

broadfield

On 1/9/2019 at 5:17 AM, Dan Fox said:

If the Equinox will obsolete all single frequency detectors why does it have the option to run as a single frequency machine?

Surely this means in this mode the Equinox will obsolete itself!!

Having several different single frequencies is one of the reasons it obsoletes the others.  You have your Multi Frequency of course which in of itself will knock most VLFs out of the water, but if you do want or need a single frequency, it’s there at a punch of the button. 

The Equinox obsoleted all but one of my Detectors, the Minelab Gold Monster which is just too fun and unique to get rid of. 

From day one I think everyone took this obsolete claim way too literally.. Most adults are aware of the hyperbole surrounding us on any given day. I’m not sure why it offended so many people. 

Bryan 

• Like 5

On 1/9/2019 at 5:24 PM, schoolofhardNox said:

I don't know if you posted your question in humor or not and I'm wondering if you have an Equinox?

Yes it was in humor, I don't have an Equinox but do have an Explorer XS.

Cracking machine, even if it doesn't use the 28 frequencies they said it did!!

I do like Minelab machines but just wish they were a bit more honest in there advertising.

1 hour ago, Dan Fox said:

Yes it was in humor, I don't have an Equinox but do have an Explorer XS.

Cracking machine, even if it doesn't use the 28 frequencies they said it did!!

I do like Minelab machines but just wish they were a bit more honest in there advertising.

Yep, marketing detecting tech in general is a ridiculous laugh fest of hyperbole but comes with the territory.  Everyone who has something to sell, "sells" it.  Minelab by no means has a monopoly on ridiculous tag lines.  Could easily say the same of Garrett, XP, Whites, First Texas, Nokta/Makro,  and by extension Apple, Samsung, Google, Amazon, Sony, Panasonic, Canon, and my local used car dealership.  But I never buy detectors (or tech in general) based on marketing claims but on specs and the real life experiences of those I trust.  I should hope most others do the same. ?

• Like 2