Plumas Eureka State Park In Winter

The historic mining area includes a museum in the miner's bunkhouse, the Mohawk Stamp Mill, Bushman five-stamp mill, stables, a blacksmith shop, and the Assay office.
Located in Plumas County, California, USA

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Plumas Eureka State Park In Winter

If you read some  history about Johnsville, the Plumas Eureka mine and the Sierra Buttes Mining Company before visiting the park it will add immensely to your visit. I love doing excavation projects in the town of Johnsville (adjoining the park) because I always unearth a bit of history but it does slow the projects way down.

Whatever you do, don't be seen with a detector, even in your car, or operate any off highway vehicle within the park boundaries. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2019 at 4:39 PM, klunker said:

If you read some  history about Johnsville, the Plumas Eureka mine and the Sierra Buttes Mining Company before visiting the park it will add immensely to your visit. I love doing excavation projects in the town of Johnsville (adjoining the park) because I always unearth a bit of history but it does slow the projects way down.

Whatever you do, don't be seen with a detector, even in your car, or operate any off highway vehicle within the park boundaries. 

Thanks !!! Both times I've been there we were the only ones around !!!!