Sign in to follow this  
Smithsgold

Plumas Eureka State Park In Winter

The historic mining area includes a museum in the miner's bunkhouse, the Mohawk Stamp Mill, Bushman five-stamp mill, stables, a blacksmith shop, and the Assay office.
Located in Plumas County, California, USA

• Like 2

If you read some  history about Johnsville, the Plumas Eureka mine and the Sierra Buttes Mining Company before visiting the park it will add immensely to your visit. I love doing excavation projects in the town of Johnsville (adjoining the park) because I always unearth a bit of history but it does slow the projects way down.

Whatever you do, don't be seen with a detector, even in your car, or operate any off highway vehicle within the park boundaries. 

• Like 3

On 1/9/2019 at 4:39 PM, klunker said:

If you read some  history about Johnsville, the Plumas Eureka mine and the Sierra Buttes Mining Company before visiting the park it will add immensely to your visit. I love doing excavation projects in the town of Johnsville (adjoining the park) because I always unearth a bit of history but it does slow the projects way down.

Whatever you do, don't be seen with a detector, even in your car, or operate any off highway vehicle within the park boundaries. 

Thanks !!! Both times I've been there we were the only ones around !!!!  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By garikfox
      These discontinued Minelab products are really cool to look at and read about. I was amazed.
      The Golden Hawk looked cool! Wonder what the Klondike looked like.

https://www.minelab.com/usa/support/knowledge-base/discontinued-products
    • By garikfox
      Anyone remember the old Popular Science ads?
      I thought this was a good classic to share. Even though this ad pre-dates me by 6yrs, it puts a smile to my face :) 

• By Emmanuel
      Hello fellow prospectors,
      I recently acquired a Minelab GPZ 7000 and I am looking for a fellow prospector wanting to search for gold with me in Southern California. As a former FBI agent, I have learned it is better to have two people when exploring unknown places... I have been using a Minelab CTX 3030 and I am ready for something new i.e. gold prospecting. I live in Long Beach but  I also have a home in the Lake Arrowhead area (San Bernardino County). I believe some areas are worth prospecting in San Bernardino County. Having said that, I am willing to travel. Reach out if you are interested. ads4350@gmail.com
    • By Steve Herschbach
      “The Nevada State Museum will be hosting this years’ 150th anniversary of the Carson City Mint.
      Numerous events will be taking place to commemorate the anniversary, which holds significant value for coin collectors, due to the 1870 Liberty Seated Half Dollars’ historic and monetary value.
      On Thursday, the coin press that minted the original coins with the famous “CC” mark in 1870, will be recreating this very coin in the same building that produced the originals. 
      These replicas will be incused with “copy” and placed in a card bearing its series number.
      The event will be going on from 5 to 8 p.m. with tickets at $150 or $142 for Nevada State Museum Members. Attendees will be receiving a pure silver planchet, admission to the party, and a mint history program.”
      More at https://mynews4.com/news/local/carson-city-mint-150th-anniversary
    • By Swifty
      My how things have changed ?
      https://streaming.britishpathe.com/hls-vod/MEDIA-4/archive/BCM6/2014-07-07T112551Z_1_LVA7938RY0N5P64BJN28M3DG6MCB_RTRWNEV_F_AUSTRALIA-PROSPECTORS-USE-ELECTRONIC-DETECTORS-TO-FIND-GOLD.MP4.m3u8?fbclid=IwAR1cKC1x1tqxLKOe1gl1PlYIcvLlTMUjJNC9WIvw9p3w1DHcCBnwymeffU4
    • By geof_junk
      https://eshop.ramint.gov.au/Mutiny-and-Rebellion-The-Eureka-Stockade/10188.aspx
      This is a must for Vic gold prospectors and may other prospector.