Equinox On The Treasure Coast

Hello all!

One thing that I have not seen or heard since the Nox has been out is what people are finding for Spanish treasure and relics with the Equinox out on the FL Treasure Coast.  Of course ever since the Nox has been out there has not really been any storms to get some good beach erosion going on.  Out of curiosity, what settings and mode are folks using for the relic/treasure hunt on the treasure coast beaches, including the iron settings.  Can't wait to hear the answers!  I plan on being down there for a couple weeks in Feb and if the weather gives some good erosion I'm gonna be out there with the 15' coil swinging away!

But even if the weather doesn't "cooperate" I'll still be looking for that modern bling in the Beach modes.  I think I have to be the only person that goes on a FL vacation that hopes for a NorEaster  :biggrin:

• Like 3

Our beaches along the east coast have been heavily replenished and coupled with no significant nor’easters,  finds from the 1715 fleet have been rare as hens teeth.

When conditions improve, the EQX will do just fine!!!

Having said that, come on down and give it a go.

• Like 2

Texas has Treasure Coast and I got a map showing where you can find three different ships. I have pictures showing what was found by treasure hunters and what was found after Texas ran them off. 

This happen in 67 and then it was made a National Sea Shore In 68 so you can’t hunt it with a detector. I’m sure some may do it but it could be bad .

Chuck 

• Like 1

I'll be in Sebastian from March 5 thru March 20 with my Nox.  Plan on detecting every day except March 9 when I'll attend the TCAS Hunt in Wabasso.  Hoping for a Nor Easter to make some cuts in the Beach.  I've detected the Treasure Coast Beaches several times in the past and found some modern Bling but no Spanish finds.  Hope my luck changes this time.  

• Like 2

The detecting has been so poor along the beaches, I’ve only gone out a couple times since getting here last month. I volunteer at the McLarty Treasure Museum and the last nice find we heard about was down in Ft Pierce in early June after a storm....a beautiful gold and emerald Spanish Treasure ring was detected...we have a picture in our “finds” book.  I use the Nox 600 pretty much in Beach 1 default settings, 50 tones, but am still a Newbie with it so not much help! The TCAS Hunt was fun last year so might go this year too....do you guys know Terry Shannon? He’s a friend of mine here who is a local detecting legend...check out his YouTube videos to get you primed for your visit here! ?

• Like 4

Yup i've researched Terry in the past.  I'd love to meet him on the beach some time.   Maybe I'll stop by the museum Peg and give you a visit but usually by the time I'm done hunting the museum is closed LOL 

6 minutes ago, afreakofnature said:

Yup i've researched Terry in the past.  I'd love to meet him on the beach some time.   Maybe I'll stop by the museum Peg and give you a visit but usually by the time I'm done hunting the museum is closed LOL 

Yeah, we’re only open 10am-4pm.....I’m there most Sat and Tues afternoons. Terry is a great guy....very happy to share his knowledge and show his finds.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 4:32 PM, afreakofnature said:

think I have to be the only person that goes on a FL vacation that hopes for a NorEaster  

Um, no.  You and about a thousand other snow bird detectorists.  Lol.

Happy hunting, sounds like fun.  Hoping the storm we have now cuts up the Eastern shore a little.  Always looking for the next Sandy.

• Like 1