Equinox On The Treasure Coast

On 1/9/2019 at 4:32 PM, afreakofnature said:

Hello all!

One thing that I have not seen or heard since the Nox has been out is what people are finding for Spanish treasure and relics with the Equinox out on the FL Treasure Coast. 

In case you are not following treasurebeachesreport; Here is one answer posted just today Jan 24, settings included: http://treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com This year as soon as one beach erodes, the county is jumping on the sand renourishment 'emergency' kick to make the beach 'nicer' for everyone. ONE day after some good erosion at Golden Sands park, they closed it and are running trucks in and out like those garbage trucks in Soylent Green!

Enjoy, drool or cry - your choice

• Like 1

Will be leaving for FL from MN about Fri. , 1st time to FL and only had & used my 800 a few times before winter socked me & the detector in ;(

Used a bunch of detectors about 20 yrs. ago walking the dog in local parks & beaches - with the intent of getting back to gold mining / underwater suction dredging in No. CA in the 80s-90s , one of these days .

• Like 4

Dang , a month late , yesterday was the 1st day on St. Augustine beach near what is called on a tourist map - fishing pier , it's being rebuilt , next to a visitors center .

Went south from there a mile or so , there was some cuts , checking the terminology , beach takes a 3' drop the middle of the beach / mean tide ?

The 1st 10 min.s I found a modern small silver ring & a late 60s dime [ old eyes could not make out ;( I was hearing nothing on default beach 1 & 2 , I even had to throw my own quarter out a few times for a test , just before finding my treasures .

I worked between 3-5 feet infront of the cut [ down hill side 😉 , another 2 hrs. and only found a piece of steel wire , so covered everything but something old .

1st time on the east cost , heading south maybe Thursday  , spouse to be storm .

Maybe to Fort Pierce , when you don't have a schedule , it's hard to be sure whats next .   

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Today at least two reales found with the equinox  . A guy was leaving as I showed up and proudly showed his two 1/2 Reales. Also heard might be more found. Too bad it closed up again this afternoon. I managed to find a piece of lead with sack cloth imprint so I didn’t get skunked. Must have been 20 people there detecting. Many using the NOX. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FloridaSon said:

Today at least two reales found with the equinox  . A guy was leaving as I showed up and proudly showed his two 1/2 Reales. Also heard might be more found. Too bad it closed up again this afternoon. I managed to find a piece of lead with sack cloth imprint so I didn’t get skunked. Must have been 20 people there detecting. Many using the NOX. 

I was out there too...a bit too soon after high tide, almost got pulled out to sea lol! Congrats on the lead with imprint, that’s cool. I only found one old nail and a bunch of change. I’m thinking I should’ve gone out with a headlamp the night before, with all the competition now! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IdahoPeg said:

I was out there too...

I thought that might have been you when I heard you say "woohoo"; you posted that once. I thought, I wondered if that was IdahoPeg but realized if I asked and it wasn't you, they would think I was crazy!  You are right about all the competition, and most at Turtle! I heard there is a group that goes at night, that would have been around the 1am low tide. You still have the best find with your reale silver sandwich find. Regards...

• Like 1

I went friday and saturday and made the blog with my tack find LOL

http://treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com/2020/02/22320-report-treasure-coin-finds-and.html?m=1

I had to giggle when i found it.  It was square with other copper bits around but I giggled cause i find tacks all the time nugget hunting!  Just not 1715 wreck tacks 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It’s funny I really want to find a reale because it was what got me detecting to begin with.  I only get to try 2 weeks out of the year and have tried over the last 8 years!   What is funny is finding nuggets is way more lucrative for me then that roughly $30 reale but I just want one and then I’m gonna make a necklace with it surrounded with a bunch of my nuggets 😂.   Might have to add the tack now to that necklace 😂😂

• Like 2