Ridge Runner

What Name Would You Like For White’s New Detector Coming In 2019

Do I know of anything coming out the doors of White’s Electronic for 2019 ? Well let’s just say that I know about as much as you do and at this point that’s nothing.

It’s a fun thing to dream and I’ve long been a dreamer.

We have seen MX this and MX that but is this a good enough name for what’s on the way?

Just maybe White’s will like one of the names we post here and it will be attached to this unknown detector.

Even I got to put my thinking cap on for this .

Chuck 

Ok I’m back !

The name I pick is drum roll please 

D-3  INVADER

Here is why I picked this 

MX Sport was 1

MX7 was 2

This the third detector in line so that’s why the 3

D just stands for detector  

This detector has to offer something above anything before it . That’s why I pick INVADER .

Chuck 

Only one problem - copyright/trademark violation?

• Like 1

Steve

I’m sure if White’s has a new detector coming out anytime soon they would already have a name picked.

Here I am doing my best to keep your forum afloat and you just shot my dream down.

So much for the bull. You have a great forum and that’s why I never sign off.

Chuck 

• Haha 1

I would go with anything that makes me think it will be truly MODERN.

Just don't  do what XP did and call it God (Deus) or ORX (makes me think of the Orcs in Lord of the Rings)!

Jeff (means touched and freed by God = Geoffrey!  hasn't worked for me.....)

• Like 2

Jeff

I go by Chuck but my mother says she named me CHARLES .

My wife told me one time what CHARLES means and it was not good. She said it means touch in the head .haha

Best to you Jeff 

Chuck 

Actually a fun topic Chuck. And I do appreciate your efforts! 👍 

I have a literal sort of mind. When my partner and I started selling mining and diving equipment in Alaska we called it Alaska Mining & Diving Supply. Creative, right? But simply saying the name was advertising, and we liked that. Nobody ever asked "what do you guys sell"?

Well, my first detector was a White's Coinmaster. I like that. Says what the game is. And my second detector was a Goldmaster. I like that name for the same reason. Then somehow some mix of three letters or numbers became sort of a standard.

White's already makes an Eclipse coil. I think it is time for an Eclipse detector, as in "Eclipses the competition"!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

From what it’s worth department after what was said about the word Invader I done a search. I came up with that word is used more than I got kids and grandkids. So with that said I don’t see a problem using it.

I really don’t care what they name it . I just want it to smoke anything on the market now.

Chuck 

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By mh9162013
      I'm considering the Minelab Pro-Find 15 and 35. It seems like the most important difference on a functional level is that the 15 has fixed sensitivity.

To any of you Pro-Find users out there, is the adjustable sensitivity on the 35 important? If not, why not?

Also, is the entire propointer a solid piece of plastic or is there a joint/seem where the black tip meets the yellow housing?
    • By chainicin
      I always said that when i turned 50 i would treat myself to a metal detector. i am fortunate enough that i can afford an equinox 600 and everything i'm reading says it's really packing a lot of punch for the cost. 
      i'm looking for something to work across a lot of environments, including beaches. i couldn't have less of a specific need in mind- i want something that works pretty well anywhere i might pull up. if i dabble with a cheaper Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro will i notice where it comes up short? will i quickly wish i had just bought the nox?
      and i'm also worried about the learning curve. i don't want to spend all my time fine tuning if i don't really know how to fine tune. i realize i kind of want it all so that's why i am here for a reality check.
      being honest with myself, it's not something i am expecting to do too frequently right now- i sadly don't have the time. but i would love to take it on road trips and vacations as an extra something to do. maybe 10-15 days a year.

Minelab Equinox 600 metal detector
    • By Pulltabdigger
      Hi Steve,
      I have a question for you or any of the other more experienced users. I am looking to buy a couple of new detectors. I will be using them in the rivers where there is some thick bedrock in some places. The first detector will be a primary and the second will be a backup. What would be your first two choices for PI detectors and your two choices for MLF? I already have a CTX, ATPRO and NOX800.

Thanks
    • By mh9162013
      So I'm doing a lot of research here and other message boards about making the most of your time while metal detecting. One thing I knew (and have subsequently seen confirmed online) is that you REALLY need to know your machine well (features, how it responds in different conditions, etc.) to make the most of it.
      Given this, how many of you factor in similarity among metal detectors when upgrading (aka: staying within the ecosystem)? For example, I will eventually upgrade from the F2 (assuming I stay in this hobby). Most likely, that will be several years from now because I've told myself any new machine must be funded from finds made by the F2. By that point, I'll know my F2 like it's nobody's business. I imagine it would be "best" for me to stay within the Fisher Labs ecosystem due to my anticipated familiarity with the F2. So given inherent time limitations in learning a new machine, I figure I'd be making finds faster with say an F44 or F75 than a Minelab CTX-3030.

Is this true and if so, how many of you out there take this into consideration when upgrading your machine? I ask because I'm surprised by how little "brand loyalty" I see among metal detectors users. Not that this is a problem, but I just figured more people would find one or two brands and stick with them. Luckily, I have plenty of time to figure out whether I'll stay with Fisher or move on to Garrett, Minelab, White's or some other brand.
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      This will be where I will post information.  I will try and answer any questions I can about detector.  Other folks who have experience with detector and wish to join in, by all means do so.
      Should have detector today sometime.  Thought I would get this thread started to save time later.  I will only be using Tarsacci on turf, not salt water/sand application.
      I may do some testing on freshwater beach due to lower minerals present.
      For refererence  - Quick start guide
       https://drive.google.com/file/d/12ecPA1jFF7JOGZLYYywMxZeeyW5qqkMd/view
      User Manual
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jYhFnstUqLuo5eV28aEZsj9wfeY2TRt-/view
      Tarsacci MDT 8000 Data & Reviews
    • By kac
      I recently broke a vow and took my Tejon to the beach and surprisingly did pretty well. I came across this ring about 4-6" down in the damp sand.
      It has no makers mark or any marks, the diamonds look like cz's not real diamonds as they refract some color and huff test they do not fog. When I compared the vdi on it from my AT Pro it comes in as a solid 55. Stainless rings come in at 48, titanium around 50 and 14k come in at solid 52 on that machine. Jeffersons come in at 52. Usually in my past experience 55 is a square tab or junk. Anyone know what range white gold comes in on?
      Weight is .3 oz