Do You Know Robert L. Tatham

People had to hide their stuff somewhere!

7 minutes ago, IronDigger said:

Think he was the editor of some Treasure magazine...

Are you getting him confused with 'Long John Latham' who published True Treasure and Treasure World?  I subscribed to those back in the 1970's.  Their stories were intoxicating, and some were even true.  ?

20 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Are you getting him confused with 'Long John Latham' who published True Treasure and Treasure World?  I subscribed to those back in the 1970's.  Their stories were intoxicating, and some were even true.  ?

Yes....it been a while since I read them....? 

I think that I still have some True Treasure and Treasure World. 

I’m devastated that it was said that some of Long John’s stories may not be true. Him and Mel Fisher was my hero’s . I always went by Mel’s motto and that was .

How many of you know it ? haha  

I don’t know about you but each time I go out I take a positive attitude that the day is the day I find that Treasure.

I never put a size on Treasure . It’s been lots of time I’ve come home with nothing but the pleasure of out there detecting.

Treasure hunting is like fishing in its not the one you found but the big one you didn’t find . ( as in got away)

Chuck 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 12:44 PM, Ridge Runner said:

I’m devastated that it was said that some of Long John’s stories may not be true.

If you're referring to my (not so?) subtle comment, my point wasn't that they were fiction, it's just that most 'true' treasure stories are based upon fact but the details get twisted over the years with anecdotal additions.  Those magazines kept me riveted from the day they arrived in my mailbox until I had them thoroughly devoured.  And the ads kept me salivating over all the detectors I couldn't afford.