When the first LTD version of the Fisher F75 became available there was a lot of topic talk about EMI and how it affected this new F75.  I had struggled with using the F75 in the cities where it seems a lot of interference would all but shut down my F75.   A lot of frustration lead to a phone conversation with Jerry, can't say his last name "Tinfoil" down in Louisiana.  Over many years we had became good friends and I had learned one thing about him, when he talks detecting, it's time to listen and don't talk.  Well anyway, the discussion that particular day was EMI and how he dealt with it.  He made several suggestions and one stuck, turn the %$#@ down.  No need to spell that out.  Of coarse I new that but refused, thinking I'd loose one of those deep targets.  A few day later I did a few experiments with the F75 and this was my results.  And by the way I still have my F75 LTD.

• Like 2

So is the gist of the video is to kinda keep the pre-amp side of the machine for lack of a better description turned down and then boost some sort secondary amplification to restore a reasonable response from the deep target?

Seems astute and reasonable way to combat bad EMI.

I think the boost mode reduces the recovery speed (no documentation about this) and allows more time for the weaker signals to process and be heard.  This in turn, with reduced sensitivity, allows for deeper targets to be heard without EMI affecting the audio.  But, BP is not for super trashy areas. 

• Like 1