Looking For Posts On Old Tesoro Forum?

How many here might remember the Tesoro forum, the original one, that went down several years ago.  It had some of the very best adventure stories I've ever read.  Very motivating and the information learned about Tesoro detectors were very good.  At that time I was using the Vaquero and I can honestly say I found a lot of rings with that machine.  The audio, in my opinion was superior for me.  I could tell if a target was a pencil eraser end without digging.  A few years later I bought a Tejon at the advise of Gene Scullion (when he was the owner of Badger Metal Detectors) and wow what a fantastic machine.  The audio again was superior and I found more rings.  But keep in mind these are purely audio machines which lends itself to finding more rings because I didn't have an display to inform me as to what the target might be.  But the dual discrimination feature was a plus over the Vaquero and helped with not digging some junk targets, but still found more rings.  Now it did have a serious drawback and that was recovery speed and the relationship to target masking (which at the time was not published information). 

But finally after years and the relentless detector advertising on both the internet and TV I gave in and bought my first display detector.   Its been a very exciting journey, detecting that is.  Met many hunters along the way and found some interesting artifacts to boot. 

It would be nice if there was a way to pull up or locate the original Tesoro forum website.  A lot of lost information and fantastic stories of past hunters and their experiences.

• Like 3

Didn't know there was a site like that, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Both are very good sites, but neither has what I'm looking for.  Not critical, but thanks for the links.

• 1 month later...

Still hunting for these two guys and their hunting stories.  Thanks for all the suggestions.