Hi From Northwest Indiana

wa7nxi

Hello, name here is Mark, from NW Indiana. My son (11yrs old) and I love to prospect and metal detect together, he is my treasure hunting buddy. We primarily use the Minelab Equinox 800 and Safari, we do have a couple other "backup" detectors such as the Gold Bug Pro (the wife's) and a GTI1500. We are involved with a local detecting club, and we are GPAA members and pretty active with our local chapter for outings, etc. Looking forward to learning from the community here and reading about others neat finds etc.

• Like 2

With those detectors and club memberships you are already starting on the right feet.  Glad to see more Hoosiers join the ranks at DetectorProspector.com.  You have a lot of historic sites up there to detect.  Go get 'em!

• Like 2

Thank you GB_Amateur, we've been very fortunate to acquire several "permissions" from farmers on land where there used to be churches and schools (I study historic maps extensively to find them) and have done pretty good so far. Thanks again and take care!

Welcome to the forum from SoCal. Your avatar takes me back to when I had a 1963 VW Bus that looked just like it. Best of luck!

• Like 2

BeachHunter, thanks and I like your avatar too! My avatar is our '64 microbus and during the summer I daily drive her. It actually makes for a good way to get permissions because people love to talk to me about it, which gets my "foot in the door"  ?   

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Hi From Northwest Indiana