In my "Day Job" I'm fortunate to travel throughout the U.S. and get to the beaches in California and Florida from time to time. Up until now I've been using either my White's MXT, Garrett AT Pro, or Garrett ACE 250 to hit the dry sands. I just purchased a used Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II PI detector on ebay and was wondering what experience other forum members have had with the Sea Hunter or any other PI detector for that matter? I'm guessing I will have a learning curve since this is my first PI detector and dig more trash than I'm used to. Thanks for any advice.

I have used the Garrett Infinium and ATX plus various White's Surf PI detectors. I have been tempted but never bit on the Sea Hunter. One of the "old reliables" on the market for 14 years now and bargain priced for a detector waterproof to 200 feet with interchangeable coils. It does offer some discrimination tricks but I always advise people to think of PI detectors as "dig it all" machines. That avoids disappointment when the discrimination does not prove as useful as hoped.

I have a friend with a Sea Hunter and he likes it much more than the Infinium he previously owned. The Sea Hunter is a more stable platform in salt water and more EMI resistant than the Infinium.

Anyway, nice to see the support Garrett offers with this video library Garrett Sea Hunter Videos

post-1-0-66489800-1390719182_thumb.jpg

Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II Information at Garrett website

My big tip is that you may want to consider the adapter that lets you use alternative headphones out of the water. That way you can use headphones with built in volume controls on the beach. The Sea Hunter has no volume control and the underwater phones are very loud out of water.

post-1-0-20409200-1390749614_thumb.jpg

Great advice, thank you.  I've got a trip coming up to Cabo in a few weeks so hope to give it a good workout down there.  No diving, just up and down the wet sand of the beach.