New Equinox 800 Problem

JohnnyRox

Unboxed it, assembled it and went to power it up...and nothing.  Hooked it up to the charger and the charging light stays solid and doesn't blink.  Able to power it up while on charge and the battery indicator reads full...but as soon as I unplug the charger, it dies.  

Need some help please.  

Sounds like something is wrong with the battery or the circuit that controls it.  Unfortunately, it's sealed, so probably not much you can do easily to troubleshoot.  You might (with the Nox powered down) remove then reattach the coil cable to make sure it is connected properly; and then, with the Equinox plugged into the charger and powered up, do a factory reset, on the off chance that resets something.  Otherwise, you're probably going to need to contact the vendor where you bought the Equinox or Minelab customer service for help.  Depending on where you purchased, see if your vendor will simply replace under its return policy.  Minelab has also been repairing/replacing defective units fairly promptly, according to reports. 

Good luck!  I think you'll like the Nox once you have it working.

Thanks for the reply Dubious.  I have tried the factory reset and the coil cable is on right...the unit starts up (while charging) when the coil cable is not attached but then it shuts off.  

I bought it from Cabellas because I had a $200 gift card...and it was drop shipped from Minelab in Illinois.  I'll give them a call tomorrow.

I feel like a little kid on Christmas who just got the toy he wished for...but it doesn't work.  I got gypped!  lol

You didn't get gypped, a bad one got through and that happens sometimes

Hi,

sorry you are having problems charging your Nox 800. Are you plugging it into a AC wall socket charger or are you using a slower USB port on a computer? One or all of the batteries could have completely discharged and could need to be slowly charged. Worth a try. Good luck.

Jeff

Good point, Jeff.  Using a good quality charger capable of providing 2 amps minimum is a must.  

That said, it does sound like a case of infant mortality failure.  Call Minelab Customer service in Illinois and Jamie will take care of you quickly.

• Like 1

Maybe only the battery connector is loose... you could try to remove the battery by yourself. There are several threads about the battery:

If you're not confident doing it, send it to minelab ..

• 2 months later...

Hi. I just received my EQX800 last week, charged the batteries, synced the WM08, ML80 and the EQX800 without difficulty and, of course this was preformed indoors. The problem I’m experiencing is there is no audible/sound emitting from the external speaker, nothing, silent. The cable is secure and correct, all components are at peak battery charge and the ML80 functions properly. I’ve disconnected wi-fi, checked and rechecked the volume adjust, factory reset both the EQX and the ML80, paired the components two or more times (without any issues and functioning properly) yet still no sound emitting from the speaker, not even the slightest sound. I look forward to any and all responses in hopes to resolve my dilemma. Thanks