New Equinox 800 Problem

JohnnyRox

17 minutes ago, 1848cal said:

Hi. I just received my EQX800 last week, charged the batteries, synced the WM08, ML80 and the EQX800 without difficulty and, of course this was preformed indoors. The problem I’m experiencing is there is no audible/sound emitting from the external speaker, nothing, silent. The cable is secure and correct, all components are at peak battery charge and the ML80 functions properly. I’ve disconnected wi-fi, checked and rechecked the volume adjust, factory reset both the EQX and the ML80, paired the components two or more times (without any issues and functioning properly) yet still no sound emitting from the speaker, not even the slightest sound. I look forward to any and all responses in hopes to resolve my dilemma. Thanks

Once you pair with wireless phones, or plug in headphones, the speaker is disabled.

• Like 1

That information was/is clearly stated in the literature and was taken into consideration. Perhaps factory reset of the EQX and ML80 wasn’t sufficient. I don’t recall that option on the WM08 but I will look further into it. I’m very appreciative for your help.

I appreciate your take on my speaker issue, but it’s a given that the speaker being inoperable when operating via the WM08 and/or a ML80. A factory reset of the EQX should’ve been the stopgap measure to engage the external speaker function. Do you or anybody have an alternative cure or possible misstep on my part which would cause this? Thanks

Nothing. No audible throughout any function of the detector, no buzz, hum or anything to suggest the speaker receiving an electrical imput. The detector w/headphones worked as expected and as intended while detecting my yard though. I must add, I’ve been an avid detectorist for a couple of decades, owned a number of detectors and this Equinox 800 is nothing short of a Powerhouse and I am very pleased, actually stunned to how well it preformed. I contacted Minelab and received correspondence and instructions from their service administrator almost immediately and that was commendable. For those who are reading this, don’t be swayed in your decision of purchasing one due to such a small hiccup as this, it’s a fantastic detector. Sincerely, Peter

• Like 1

Hi Peter,

I would like to know how your Nox situation turns out and what Minelab service department suggested for a fix.

Glad to see you on this great forum.

Jeff

Cal ... Maybe I try to upgrade Equinox to an older firmware version 1.5.0 and then again to a new Firmware 1.7.5.
If that doesn't help ... then Minelab's service will help...

I USE the wm-08 module with lightweight headphones most of the time. But I keep a wired pair plugged in on the machine which I sometimes use but are there as backup. If I turn the wm-08 on the sound goes to it, even though the wired ones remain plugged in. If I do not turn the wireless unit on, the sound just comes out of the wired phones. 

Yes, zero speaker function with both the ML80 and the WM08 turned OFF, and without activating the wireless audio button on the detector. As I stated earlier, I have factory reset both the headphones AND the detector on multiple occasions and still the external speaker does not function at all. Even with my limited knowledge it's not too far of a stretch for me to believe that that external speaker should operate loud and clear when the wireless audio function is OFF on the detector.  And, regardless of whether the ML80, the WM08 or a combination of both are ON or not. I contacted Naperville and was given a postal voucher for this issue to be repaired as well as have it undergo a series of comprehensive tests to ensure of its integrity and of it maximum performance. I intend to send a blank page with my inquiry written on it for the service technician. Whether he/she will/can provide any information remains to be seen. I'll post it if anything comes from it.

• Like 1