Sign in to follow this  
WesD

Wanted Wanted: SDC 2300 Headphones Or Adapter Plug

Looking for  minelab SDC headphones, or adapter. Used and scratched is also fine, as long as the plug end is good.

Trade for one of my awesome  lightweight picks, or gold, or cash

• Like 1

Robsdetectors has an order coming in of adapters.

4 hours ago, Filmalaska said:

Robsdetectors has an order coming in of adapters.

Yep, and more shipped to him today. 

Anyone know what type of audio plug that is?   Id like to solder my own up to save $

I suggest getting a pro sonic and go wireless then you can plug in your favorite headphones without an adapter.  Its what i did, just my idea is all.

On 1/16/2019 at 6:16 PM, WesD said:

Anyone know what type of audio plug that is?   Id like to solder my own up to save $

It is super secret stuff. I saw lots of threads early on with people trying to source that connector, but never did see that anyone ever discovered how to get them.

If I were to get a SDC 2300 tomorrow I would get the Pro-Sonic wireless system to go with it. A bit pricey but basically made for the 2300 with the adapter cable included.

Ya Steve,  the best I can figure out is the connector is made by http://www.isamwoo.com/

Probably is some proprietary connector made for minelab?

$99 is a lot for an adapter.  Disgusting that Minelab could not at least have used the same audio connectors used for the CTX or Equinox.  I am tempted to snip the jack off the headphones and make an adapter cable so that I can use one of my existing headphones (or wireless solutions).  I could put a standard headphone jack back on the headphones, so they would also be usable. 

Yep I totally agree. If only it was a more normalish connector !

Sign in to follow this