9" Round High Frequency Coil Or Elliptical?

XP Deus Australia Detectorist.com.au Published on Dec 18, 2018 - The XP ORX Metal Detector Has been released and the main question is, "Which coil do I choose?" This video gives you a brief run down of each coil and recommends which way to go for your new ORX metal Detector.

The video tells me if I want to coin hunt I need to get the 9” round coil but to nugget hunt get the other.

Then I’m told that the ORX was aimed at nugget hunting. Okay it’s not that my hearing is bad but why would the ORX have two modes each for coin and nugget hunting if totally for the latter?

When I first heard of the ORX coming out and so short on weight my thinking this is the detector for a not so young fart anymore. 

Right off I don’t have the habit of paying more for less . Maybe down the road when  XP people wake up and realize that the ORX is in bad need of a update I could just maybe make a buy .

The XP Deus that I had sometime back was a great detector but even it could use a update now and then. 

Chuck 

Needless to forget that you can use X35 coils to search for coins,... it what separates Orx generation from Deus generation... is that it is not compactible with WS4 and Lf coils.

If I need this X 35 coil to coin hunt then why would XP people say I can coin hunt with the 9” round HF coil . If I add up what they want for the ORX and the X 35 coil to make it a working tool is a lot . You may not believe this but if you add up the cost it comes to 1324.00 .

You may not feel the pain in the backside when I said the total cost but I sure did .

Chuck 

• Like 1

aufarmer

You are correct in that I don’t need it but if I wanted to hunt in the lower frequencies I would. If I wanted to hunt in the higher frequencies above the the 9” round I would need another.

That I would cost if I go lower are higher and to go with both is beyond reality.

aufarmer you jump on bandwagon quick. Just one question for you and that’s do you swing a XP Deus ?

The Best To You On What Ever You Swing .

Chuck 

aufarmer  

Part of my email address is audig and like you I too had the XP Deus. Yes I sold it and miss it . Maybe we need to take the au off because it’s all haven’t been golden.

Chuck 

Hey Chuck,

The HF coils run as low as 13 kHz. You have lots of coin detectors that runs in the 13 - 15 kHz range exclusively. I see absolutely no reason why getting the X35 coil is a requirement for coin detecting if you have the ORX. Maybe lower frequencies yet would do a smidge better on silver, but it won't be a huge difference.

Fisher F75, Teknetics T2, etc. 13 khz

White's MXT and MX Sport, etc. 14 kHz

Garrett AT Pro 15 khz & AT Max 13.6 kHz

and there are many more examples.

X35 coils = 3.7 kHz to 27.7 kHz

Round HF = 13 kHz to 59 kHz

Elliptical HF = 13 kHz to 81 kHz

deus-v4-coil-frequency-range.jpg.efab3a3

xp-orx-coil-options-specifications.jpg.3

Steve

I wish I could say what you told me was something I didn’t know . It helps to have a full print of the owners manual and reading all what frequencies each coil can run in including the X 35 coil . I came to the conclusion long ago that the 9” round coil would fill my needs in the ORX if I buy one .

Just like you so many people on the forum want to help and that’s what makes this forum great .

Chuck 

• Like 2