Wireless Issue

midalake

Still can't seem to get my @%^&&&() Black Widows to work wireless but OK now wired. Has anyone had issues with putting the module close to the phones?   Also mine seems to be falling on it's face in moving salt water, but that is another thread.   Dave

4 hours ago, midalake said:

Has anyone had issues with putting the module close to the phones?

No problem if the module is close to the headphones, big problem with the module close to a cell phone.  Are you getting drop outs or no signal at all?  The module seems to be easily blocked by your body.  Unlike the wireless headphones where the receiver/transmitter is on your head, the WM08 module basically needs to be on the same side of your body as where you are swinging the control head, i.e., clean line of sight.  If it is blocked by your body or if there is a cell phone near the module, it tends to break up the signal.  It's ok for it to sit in a breast or hip pocket as long as it is on the same side as where you are swinging the detector.  HTH.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

No problem if the module is close to the headphones, big problem with the module close to a cell phone.  Are you getting drop outs or no signal at all?  The module seems to be easily blocked by your body.  Unlike the wireless headphones where the receiver/transmitter is on your head, the WM08 module basically needs to be on the same side of your body as where you are swinging the control head, i.e., clean line of sight.  If it is blocked by your body or if there is a cell phone near the module, it tends to break up the signal.  It's ok for it to sit in a breast or hip pocket as long as it is on the same side as where you are swinging the detector.  HTH.

Since I was trying to hang it on the back of my hat this makes sense it could not make it through my thick skull.

Dave

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just finished assembling and charging my new 800 and components. I am in the final stage of bringing it  online, but the manual is not clear to me on how to rig the WM 08 module with the included headphones. Do the wireless headphones require a wired connection to the wireless module? I understand that the WM 08 module is wireless to the 800 control, but I thought the headphones would also be wireless to the module. The kit comes with a 1/8" connection for a reason I suppose. Any guidance on this would be appreciated.

9 minutes ago, Flowdog said:

I just finished assembling and charging my new 800 and components. I am in the final stage of bringing it  online, but the manual is not clear to me on how to rig the WM 08 module with the included headphones. Do the wireless headphones require a wired connection to the wireless module? I understand that the WM 08 module is wireless to the 800 control, but I thought the headphones would also be wireless to the module. The kit comes with a 1/8" connection for a reason I suppose. Any guidance on this would be appreciated.

The WM08 module is not needed at all.  All you have to do is pair the headphones to the detector. It takes about 15-30 to get them paired. 

Hi  Hi

you can use the wireless headphones without the module. If the headphones aren’t charged you can plug them directly into the Nox or if the WM08 module is charged you can also plug into the module. Turn on the WM08 and hold down the wireless button  on the Nox until they pair up. Clip it to your shirt or jacket as close to the Nox control box as possible .

jeff