White's TDI - Iron Discrimination With A Pulse Induction Metal Detector

When the TDI first came out I got one of the first two hundred out the door of White’s. The first hunting I found myself doing was in Ms. beach and I found myself digging nails. Like always about the last thing I do is read the manual and where I was at the time I didn’t have it with me anyway.

Right off I had it digging nails. Like the video with Tom I started moving the pluse around and with a little testing . I too found out by moving the pluse above 10 I could block out nails. The great thing I was still detecting coins and one ring I can remember for sure.

It wasn’t long after that the TDI went south like not working. I sent in and it came back with same trouble. Well this went on two more times and Jimmy S. called White’s with that I got a new one . I wanted the first one back working so when not the case I sold the new one.

Back then I didn’t post and forgot about what you could do with the TDI until Tom’s video.

Thanks Steve for posting it and to you Tom for making it.

Chuck 

1 1/2 years ago

• Like 1

The machines in the two videos were TDI-SL's. It should be noted that all TDI models will work this same way, they can all be set to ignore iron and other high conductors. Reg Snif has done numerous posts on several forums about this feature and how to effectively produce the results you want. To find his posts you will have to look a few years back as he has not posted in the last couple of years do to health problems. I do miss his posts.

Mike

• Like 1