Docs Detecting Covers And Support Harnesses

On 1/24/2019 at 6:40 AM, groundscanner said:

Doc,

Can the Goldscreamer Brand Qweegle Bungee be bought as a separate item from the Ultra Swingy Thing?  If so I couldn't find it on your website.

Thanks,

Michael

Yes it's $24.95 plus $4 shipping.  I just launched my website, FINALLY, and I have a gazillion products to add so please be patient.

But let your heart not be troubled, I have it listed on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323614874891

So you can pick one up there.  Thank you!

Doc

• Like 1

On 1/23/2019 at 7:43 PM, phrunt said:

I do really like Docs Gold Monster covers, especially so that the speaker is not covered completely, I dislike my Gold Bug Pro and T2 Covers as they dull the speaker so much.  I believe they're the genuine covers too as I purchased them direct from the Teknetics/Fisher NZ dealers.  Even my current Equinox cover dulls its speaker.... not ideal for someone who doesn't like headphones.

I don't want to brag, but the advantage of having someone like myself design accessories is I have been detecting since 1990.  I know these machines.   I know the things that I would look for in a cover, and the "must haves" accordingly I design my products with features that provide the greatest benefits to the user.  That's why it's a very expensive undertaking because it is not unusual for me to go through 10 prototypes and test them before we get to a place of refinement where we can go into production.  These covers started back in March.

Not only that, but the next run will have more improvements.  My users are always very helpful in suggesting things they would like.  Someone already suggested maybe a little bit wide straps for the Equinox.

But I really appreciate your input Phrunt, thank you.

Doc

• Like 2

Something I forgot to mention about one of the pieces included with the Gold Monster Cover, this is a "CORD WRAP" for the upright where the Coil Cable runs vertically along the upright and then plugs into the back of the detector.  Steve referred to this in his writing as, " The Gold Monster cover includes an additional item in the form of a small cover for the upright support post. "

It is not just a cover, it has a very important purpose and I encourage you to use it!  Anyone who has used the Gold Monster knows that this plastic upright where the coil cable runs has a plastic clip type arrangement where you are supposed to insert the coil cable to hold it in place.  This "clip" is very tight and you have to force the coil cable into it, and out of it, if you want to change coils.  Well that coil cable is very thin and pliable, and I foresee that in the near future users are going to start having issue with this plastic clip damaging the insulation, or worse yet breaking the wires on the inside of the cable.

The purpose of the cord wrap is to eliminate the need to use this "clip" to hold the coil cable in place.  You simply leave the coil cable out of the "CLIP" and use the wrap to hold the coil cable in place by gently caressing the cable as opposed to pinching it.

Which would you prefer?  A caress or a pinch?  OK, I know some of you weirdos like to be pinched but that's not going to damage your wiring.  ?

Recognizing the Cord Wrap is small and could easily get lost, I designed it with a small hole in the middle.  Unscrew the little wire cable that keeps you from losing your battery door, un-thread it out of the battery door, run both ends of the wire through the hole in the cord wrap and then back to the battery door.  Now you will not lose the battery door or your cord wrap.

The CORD WRAP makes changing coils SO MUCH FASTER!  Open the Hook and Loop closure and remove the cord, (WHICH IS NOT WEDGED INTO THAT "CLIP")  Put your new coil on, run it inside the cord wrap and close the end of the cord wrap with the HOOK and LOOP closure and you are ready to go.  (Hook and Loop is the generic name for Velcro® type closure material.)

So bottom line, that CORD WRAP is an important feature to protect the performance of your coils.  It is not for aesthetics.

Doc

• Like 1

Tinfoil has been telling for for years I need one of those Swingy things.

21 hours ago, Doc said:

Yes it's $24.95 plus $4 shipping.  I just launched my website, FINALLY, and I have a gazillion products to add so please be patient.

But let you heart not be troubled, I have it listed on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323614874891

So you can pick one up there.  Thank you!

Doc

Thanks Doc!!!

• 1 month later...

I have one of Doc’s arm cuff covers for my Equinox 800. Super comfortable and very nicely made. Great addition to the Minelab cuff.

• 5 months later...

This is what i know about Doc. In March of 2018 when the big boy dealers were quoting 3-6 months for the 800 I got mine from Doc in 3 days.

A month ago when I wanted a unique configuration of a detector that no one was selling, dog arranged it for me in 3 days.

He is my go to guy.