New story thread....

Leaving for OZ around May 4th this year--

Can't reveal the details because it is super secret this year....:ph34r:

But hope to be upload some better video this year---

I have been searching for the simplest way to use a camera while in the field...

I haven't found any yet that are that simple, most ways i have tried become so time consuming that they interfere with my fun and relaxation!!!

ANd my TAsk mAster dont like it when i am ... "fkn around!" If he sees too many videos or pictures he will scold me... :rolleyes:

Maybe a selfie, "follow me" cheapie drone----- I could hang a piece of bait meat on it for the flies while it is hovering near me,,,LOLOL

This is Jan 20th and I will be traveling to LA  on Feb 3rd ..for my last 3 months of "work"

Carry on !

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

On ya, better get it right this year or Tasmania in 20 for sure. 😅

• Haha 1

Go Pro Hero 7 Black. 

Good vid. Easy to upload automatically into smart phone and the app creates a ‘story’ for you. Or you can easily cut or do basic edit functions yourself. 

And voice command of Go Pro “On” or Gro Pro “Off” means no more stuffing around with dirty fingers wondering if you have pressed the right button. 

We’ve been happy with ours so far. 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Northeast said:

Go Pro Hero 7 Black. 

Good vid. Easy to upload automatically into smart phone and the app creates a ‘story’ for you. Or you can easily cut or do basic edit functions yourself. 

And voice command of Go Pro “On” or Gro Pro “Off” means no more stuffing around with dirty fingers wondering if you have pressed the right button. 

We’ve been happy with ours so far. 

Thanks...I havent tried the voice command ones, but i have used a GP3 and 2 knock off 4Ks--- i seem to always ruin the camera lens by scratching it .  And the audio is non existent if i keep it in a waterproof case---- and i even scratch up the lens on that plastic case and they arent replaceable.

Voice command??? I dont know how that would work in a waterproof case.....

I was looking at security/police body cams but if im not wearing a harness i wouldnt have anywhere to mount it...

So i am thinking back to the tripod----- or the selfie follow me drone...

How long the drone would last is another iffy thing---

Taskmaster has dubbed me "Conan the Destroyer" after last year, so I am thinking the drone wouldnt stand much of a chance---it would probably end up flying to Alice Springs or somewhere in that general direction.....

I liked the Solo Shot, --~~~~ but ...spendy and bulky---

I just found a DJI pocket that looks nice, it is a little spendy, too--- but thats why I am working on the Holiday today!!!!

Holiday pay buys tools for, " Aussie Mission 4 ":biggrin:

There are a lot of good videos on the DJI and thats the way I am leaning....

Cheers!

On 1/20/2019 at 2:58 PM, Norvic said:

On ya, better get it right this year or Tasmania in 20 for sure. 😅

Oh no mate---TaZZY is for Trent King!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, vanursepaul said:

And the audio is non existent if i keep it in a waterproof case

The Hero 7 Black is completely waterproof as is, so no need for a the waterproof housing  👍

On 1/21/2019 at 12:25 PM, Northeast said:

The Hero 7 Black is completely waterproof as is, so no need for a the waterproof housing  👍

I put my Hero Black in a waterproof case to keep the dust and dirt off of it...  audio pitiful even without putting it in a case--- especially when i got 6 feet away from the cam so i could detect while filming.... it was just too much for me to deal with, considering the pressure i had coming down on me from HQ 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, vanursepaul said:

Oh not mate---TaZZY is for Trent King!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, Trent wont go to Tassie, even less gold there then WA.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By phrunt
      As many GPX owners may know the GPX has toggle switches, they're quick and easy to use, but they're also quick and easy to bump... you can spend half a day detecting in a mode you didn't mean to by accident unless you check them regularly.  It's happened to me all too often.
      I have a Steelphase SP01 audio enhancer for my GPX and on it's toggle switch is a handy little guard that stops you bumping it's on/off switch.

I've decided I want to add something like this to my GPX to prevent me screwing up bumping the switches but I can't find where to buy them, I'll have to keep hunting around online and see, and also check electronics shops next time I'm in town. 
      Has anyone done something like this to their GPX or am I the only clumsy one bumping the switches all the time?  If so what switch guards were best?  There appears to be a lot of different designs.
    • By phrunt
      I'm a bit puzzled on timings, I've pretty much left mine in sensitive extra since getting it and it seems the go-to timing for around here.  I only use mono coils and I'm  basically chasing tiny gold in soils with very low mineralisation, 1 gram is huge for me so we are talking 0.0X to 0.3 gram bits on average that I am chasing.  I was looking at timings charts on this site here and found the two best options for me below, I think.  Sharp appears to be best if using a DD, does that mean I'd be best off sticking with my sensitive extra seeing I use a mono coil or is a DD coil worth considering?
      I'm trying to see if there is a way I can scratch out a bit more depth on these little nuggets.
      This chart is the one that throws me out the most, basically no timings are "Excellent" for mono coils except Fine Gold, Enhance and Sens Smooth which are more for mineralised soils, only DD coils seem to have Excellent for the timings I'm trying to use for the small gold in mild soils..... 😕

And this chart below describes the two timings I think might be best for me.
      Mild
      Mineralization Sharp
      (GPX 4500, 4800, 5000)
      Sharp is similar to Normal but creates a more powerful detection field. It is capable of an improvement in depth, but is more susceptible to interference and will increase the severity of false signals in difficult grounds. This timing is best used in quiet conditions and can work well in combination with Deep Search Mode with a reduced Rx Gain setting. Sharp is an excellent tool for pinpointing faint signals due to the very "sharp" signal response. Sharp will work best with DD coils in most gold field locations. Medium Low
      Mineralization Sensitive Extra
      (GPX 4000, 4500, 4800, 5000)
      This timing may increase the signal from certain hot rocks near the surface, but can actually help smooth out the Threshold in certain ground types, particularly with Double-D coils. In mild ground conditions Sensitive Extra will provide the best signal response on a small, deep target.
    • By Condor
      Between the bad experience with the X-Coil and our general inability to learn the geology of WA gold finding, we've run up the white flag.   Frankly, without the help of Paul and Trent we really wouldn't have made it this far.  Most people have no real appreciation for how vast and roadless it is out here in WA.  When you pop into a market in a tiny town of 600 and they have on offer Kangaroo tail by the kilo, you've really reached the limits of habitation.  On the day we met Dave, we drove over 300k and saw 4 other vehicles and a bunch of dead roo's on the side of the road.  There are dry water courses that are marked for the depth during severe rain.  All Ute's have snorkel intakes and some raised exhaust tailpipes.  Otherwise there's no water except in towns and the flies are inescapable.  I can't imagine how we would have survived without the gazebo and insect net panels, especially for cooking or relaxing.  
      It is an adventure and I can't say I would be satisfied if I hadn't given it an honest try.  I'd always wonder what might have been.  We'll be packing up camp Yank tomorrow then a flight out of Perth on Wed.  I'll be happy to get home, but that 110 degrees in sunny Yuma is going to be a drag.  While I've been away we got a new family member, a bouncing baby "GoldenDoodle" coincidently named "Aussie" in my absence.  I'll have my work cut out for me with dog training for awhile.   
      Talking with Trent he suggests I fall on my sword with Minelab and send them the whole unadulterated mess and ask for help.  Perhaps they'll view it as an intellectual challenge or chalk it off as a Yank not smart enough to leave well enough alone.  Either way, all I've got right now is a poorly designed boat anchor or an odd conversation piece  We'll see.  
      We'll catch you on the other side of the world next week.

• By Mop
      A Minelab dealer down Geelong way put up the below post about an Aussie company starting to make GPZ coils.
      Interesting timing, wonder if the Russian guys have forced Minelabs hand to allow a local 3rd party to make coils.
      Here is the link to the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/luckystrikegold/
      Not looking to start a fight here, just sharing info. I don't care what coils everyone wants to run lol
      Lucky Strike Gold
        Brand new GPZ coil coming soon! 🤩
      There is a rumour in the wind that an Australian company will soon be making GPZ 7000 coils.
      At present there are only Russian made after market coils being made, so hold off and bag yourself a genuine Aussie made one. They will be cheaper than the Russian coils and, as always, very well made.

• By vanursepaul
      Well we finally got thru obligatory rehab work, and we dryblowing work. 
      Drove the backhoe to the next area and decided to scrape a little while we were there...
      Glory be!!!
      10grams right off.
      Most were in the dirt above the cap. 
      Did a repeat the second day with 16grams🤠
      Got most of the gear  ready to go... piddling today...enjoyed Sunday with a couple of mates.
      Getting my camper all ready to go bush...
      I repaired some tears and old loose seams yesterday with a Speedy Stitcher... handy tool to have if you ever have to sew canvas....works like a charm 
      Built a new battery/propane housing frame on the tongue so I can boondock with 2 propane and 2 deep cycle batteries on hand. 
      Also got a Yagi antenna from Trent that should give me Internet... that will be crazy out where I’m going... 
      I already took the water trailer with 250 gallons down day before yesterday.
      Hopefully this area will keep producing well for us.
      Picture of me below shows how I love dryblowing.