Nurse Paul In Oz - V.2019---

All of this sighkolajicle study will be meaningless unless your reactions to unearthing a world class nugget (as in hand of faith) can be observed. In the interest of mental health science please don't let us down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Too flashy Paul. I just call it "Walking Gambling Disorder" WGD. The Oz version is "Swearing Walking Gambling Disorder" SWGD.

DSM-5 Diagnostic Criteria: Gambling Disorder

A. Persistent and recurrent problematic gambling behavior leading to clinically significant impairment or distress, as indicated by the individual exhibiting four (or more) of the following in a 12-month period:

1. Needs to gamble with increasing amounts of money in order to achieve the desired excitement. GPZ 7000 case in point...

2. Is restless or irritable when attempting to cut down or stop gambling. Like that will happen...........

3. Has made repeated unsuccessful efforts to control, cut back, or stop gambling. Yer right...........

4. Is often preoccupied with gambling (e.g., having persistent thoughts of reliving past gambling experiences, handicapping or planning the next venture, thinking of ways to get money with which to gamble). Ringing any bells?

5. Often gambles when feeling distressed (e.g., helpless, guilty, anxious, depressed). Code for not being on a patch....

6. After losing money gambling, often returns another day to get even (“chasing” one’s losses). That patch is flogged, wait I'll go back one more time.

7. Lies to conceal the extent of involvement with gambling. I had to stay there honey, car trouble .......

8. Has jeopardized or lost a significant relationship, job, or educational or career opportunity because of gambling. Becoming a small scale miner or leaseholder.....

9. Relies on others to provide money to relieve desperate financial situations caused by gambling. I'll pay you back with nuggets .......

B. The gambling behavior is not better explained by a manic episode.

Specify if: Episodic: Meeting diagnostic criteria at more than one time point, with symptoms subsiding between periods of gambling disorder for at least several months. Beginning prospectors .....

Persistent: Experiencing continuous symptoms, to meet diagnostic criteria for multiple years. "Normal" prospectors.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

914596671_ScreenShot2019-03-19at6_36_38PM.png.58f90f813501816fea24371b817767ba.pngGot a good day on the beach with BrokenArrow---

Took my 600 out for the virgin hunt and the first target was a penny 1972 !

Got a cellphone that got me ginned up because it was the same size as an iphone 6 so i stuffed it in my bag and kept going....

Later on when we got away from that area---we looked at it closer and it was a ratty Android Alcatel...that i had smashed---the screen was toast.   but it did give me a thrill for a little while.

Jon beat me with his 800 and scored about 10 dimes---which reminded me that i was good on the dimes there last year as well---- but i didnt get one with the 600--- little tidbit for the data bank

Great day, beautiful 70 degree weather....

• Like 4

Sounds like an exciting trip!

I may have your GoPro solution if you use a pro-swing or similar harness/pack.. it requires a pair of tin snips, mini-torch, pvc plastic. (Still waiting for snow to melt so I got plenty of time for stuff like this!)

A27465FA-1B94-469D-9265-CB66AC606A4E.png

1B18B94C-B729-48AD-8215-F6538D78DBE3.png

85200814-F5F3-4D5D-BB66-BD7D96847471.png

A3096EB2-788A-4F42-A5E4-8657A7F6D43F.png