Tarsacci Settings Explained

That’s impressive Steve. I’ve been following his progress, since he is local to me. Interesting machine.  I spend more of my detecting time hunting other type areas.

Rich (Utah)

• 9 months later...

Hes running in MIXED.....note the high pings at the end..... in most cases thats IRON in the +28 range.   Thats why i use NOTCH +28 to knock that wrap around out when beach hunting..... you get maybe a slow occasional high ping or NO response if its iron.  I would have liked to have seen the digital reading with him checking those targets in AM, disc and Mixed.   Thats as important as those other settings..... why because most will be making their decision on digging by checking the TID screen.   BUT if you dont learn that correctly for the targets you are hunting then you will be leaving some good stuff in the ground.   Takes a lot of digging for the mental light to go on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Hes running in MIXED.....note the high pings at the end..... in most cases thats IRON in the +28 range.   Thats why i use NOTCH +28 to knock that wrap around out when beach hunting..... you get maybe a slow occasional high ping or NO response if its iron.  I would have liked to have seen the digital reading with him checking those targets in AM, disc and Mixed.   Thats as important as those other settings..... why because most will be making their decision on digging by checking the TID screen.   BUT if you dont learn that correctly for the targets you are hunting then you will be leaving some good stuff in the ground.   Takes a lot of digging for the mental light to go on.

This is where mineralized dirt plays havoc with metal detectors, and knowing how you detector responds in it allows me to dig targets others leave in the ground.  The Equinox acts similarly. When I get deep targets the Equinox will report many negative numbers as well as high 30's with an occasional accurate target ID. It's almost like iron wrap and the Tarsacci is no different in my dirt. I never notch out high numbers on any of my metal detectors. Deus is the same way, good targets start throwing numbers 97-99 when they get deep in bad dirt. Mixed mode on the Tarsacci gave me the most useful information in my dirt, I would only use disc when in lots of iron and rarely used AM. Although I was getting to the point that with AM I could tell iron from good targets, mixed mode just helped confirm non-ferrous.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I noticed in the video, when he ground balanced,  he did not highlight the ground balance box. He left the volume box highlighted. It did change the GB number in the GB box. Any thoughts on this?