Silver, Gold & Diamonds, Oh My!

Lunk

Nice going there Lunk! Silver and Gold all in one hunt. The way I look at it is every park has gold it's just a matter of finding it. Just look for the bedrock :biggrin:

strick

• Haha 1

On 1/23/2019 at 1:47 AM, Lunk said:

I got a strange deep signal that would bounce around from 25 to 31; a coin spill perhaps? The culprit was down around 10 inches, and turned out to be a corroded 1945 D copper wheat-back penny. Checking the hole and plug revealed no other targets...a total head-scratcher

In my experience, this is actually a fairly common occurrence for deep copper coins -- ID while (deep) in the ground higher than expected.  It's nice, though, that it is high instead of low.  Low tends to indicate nearby trash (iron in particular) contaminating the copper signal.  The Equinox is pretty good at giving some kind of positive ID, even with nearby trash.

That ring is a beauty!  Also, I'm stuck on one silver quarter over the last 3 years of serious hunting.  Any (solid) silver is good silver, though.  Nice diversion for you when you're not out looking for nature's jewelry.  ?

• Thanks 1

I was using the stock coil, Swegin.

Great hunt! That’s a sweet ring, and Silver quarters are hard to come by in parks these days. Time to put on the 15” coil hit that park hard! 

Bryan

• Thanks 1

Lunk,

Now you have another club badge.  Gold ring club, welcome.

I'll never catch up with you on nuggets and you many never catch up with me on rings!

Mitchel

• Thanks 1