• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Walter S. Fowler
      Got out today with the Equinox 800 for a short hunt.  Not a lot of coins, but did find 1944s wheat penny and Malibu Castle & Showboat Fun Center token.   I believe this amusement park was active in the 1970's, 1980's, and 1990's in North Holleywood, Ca.  and closed and then burned to the ground in 1998.   Correct me if I'm wrong. The live round was a PMC .270 Win.  I have no idea how it got to where it was. Used my regular Park 1, recovery speed down to 4, and sensitivity up to 23.  Also, first time out with my Fisher F-Pulse pinpointer which replaces my Garrett (black) Propointer.  The F-Pluse definitely goes about 1 1/2 inches deeper on most coins and has a lot more features than my older pinpointer.  It is much more powerful and does require ground balancing to operate smoothly.  Anyone  have any experience longer term with the Fisher F-Pulse they would want to share? Thanks. 

• By kac
      Found this seated liberty and possibly the remnants of a large cent, could barely see a ghost of something that might have been readable at one point in time..... possibly.
      Also found all the poison sumac they cut down the hard way so I now need to be more cautious searching.

• By MidTN
      Found this magician coin back in the fall of 2018, and wanted to share.  Has a merc dime on one side and a wheat penny on the other. Still learning the MX Sport. Found it near a baseball field so I'm guessing some kid lost his dads coin. Would this qualify as my first silver or half silver?
    • By Happa54
      Hey everyone....
      Here is an interesting dig.
      This weekend at my favorite lot site I picked up a signal bouncing between TID's 23 to 28. Never hit a 29 or 30. It was not screaming at me like the Kennedy Half I got there recently. 
      Since I pull a lot of rusted nails from this site, I thought this would be another nail or possibly a clad quarter. 
      Low and behold, a 1945 Walker Half on edge 4-5" under a pine tree root. I slightly nicked the rim with my Lesche....bummer.
      I never would have ignored a signal like this but it sure fooled me. 
      Settings: Park 1, 50 tones, 0 IB, 3 rec, 22 sens

• By LoyalistDigger
      The ground is almost completely thawed in my neck of the Great White North and I managed to get out a couple of times to kick start my second season with the Equinox!!
      The sweetest sound in the world has to be when silver rings loud and clear through your headphones and you just know it's gonna be great!!  My very first silver of the year was a 1942 quarter that had to be pried from a clod of frozen dirt while the 1944 dime and 1902 5 cent coin (fishscale or fishie) came out of rather soggy holes. The fishies are quite hard to come by and this one is my first. I have only ever seen two other fishies come out of the ground.
      The Equinox 800 is certainly proving it's worth when I detected an absolutely pounded waterfront park and I was rewarded with two of the sweetest coppers around. The large cent almost looks like it was dropped the day it was minted....but we're a long way from the mint. 😏
      Temps will be well into the double digits (Celsius) tomorrow and I can feel a great year coming on!!!!
      All the best to everyone this year!!!!
      Duke

• By Tnsharpshooter
      A funny story actually.  I arrived at site and was thinking about which detecftor to use first to find a target to compare.  Had Tarsacci mdt 8000, Etrac and Nox with me.  I chose Eqx 800 and took off.  I get this strong signal with 13 in the window.  Said to myself golly this thing sounds like it’s on top of ground.  Went to truck to get pinointer just to see how shallow. .  Garrett propointer pointer hit strong so I moved some of the sprigs of grass and sage around and saw something.  As soon as I layed  eyes on it I knew what it was.  But the ID told me it was not genuine.  I did a small video checking with Etrac.
      I have found the genuine Spanish bits on this farm before 4 I think in this general area of 90 acres.  Btw high odds I dug this target not today but a few days ago.  Better to be lucky than good I guess.  This find was unearthed with either Tarsacci or Eqx 800.  Don’t know which one.  Suspect it was colocated with flat button or musket ball and once I found one of those Inwas satisfied.  I may not even have detected either flat button or musketball before but rather this bit.  Go figure.  This happened once before with me on a merc dime nicke scenario.  But I caught on the same day.  Not days later.  Find reads 13 on Nox and 07 conductive on Etrac.  Definitely not silver.  This area has also given up a fake capped bust dime for me detecting found with Nokta Relic detectorand 5” small coil.
      Here’s pic of my actual find.
      Suspect fake Spanish bit.

This video here I am putting here so folks can watch.  Notice the back of these fakes.  Key on the letters RE near the rim and the detail below on coins.