What This Sticker In The Equinox?

DoKKK

Hi all.  So sorry for my English if something is wrong... 

Interested in this question, what kind of material is used here in this hole that sticker? In the detector Equinox...
Now a lot of controversy because of this, everyone is afraid that the detector may leak in this place. Photo attached... Thanks 🙂

If the question has already sounded, was the answer, then please throw a link..

It has an O ring there going to the batteries.   Its unlikely going to leak ...... if it was it would do it the first time you put it in the water.    Why.... because that HOLE where the nipple sets in the shaft for the lower piece allows water in that area.  Ive got over 1100 hours on mine almost ALL in the water.  Ive taken mine apart to replace the shaft..... and water and sand has accumulated there....... but NO leaks.   Never say never...... but ive not heard of many battery leaks as of date.   Screens...... yes few of those.  Id dare say it most likely to happen when WE the user takes it apart to replace the batteries ..... or just our curiosity gets the better of us.

• Like 1

I wonder what kind of material is used. What material is this sticker made of...  :) it is small and round, slightly larger than the hole itself. How safe it is from leaks?

e794adfedf40.jpg

sHfIf4vwsRY.jpg

00fe342906d9.jpg

a87d79e48c33.jpg

Thank you very much, Steve:)

Мostly my colleagues from Russia are аfraid about this sticker... Also interested for what this hole made?

And there is no opportunity to learn from manufacturers, what kind of material ?

I suppose you could email Minelab and ask.

Hades (welcome to the forum) is on the right track. There are membranes that allow air to pass but not water. This is probably a pressure equalization vent? I am just guessing. Here is a link to the page for Gore Portable Electronic Vents.

• Like 1

Someone has the opportunity to learn more from manufacturers, what kind of material. I don't know who to ask this question. 
Still this language barrier :)) I want to know for sure ...