phrunt

New Nugget Finder Coils Coming - Ddxsearch

Nugget Finder is coming out with some new DD coils for 2019

I look forward to hearing about them once released.

COMING IN 2019 - DDXSEARCH

25DD X Search.JPG

A new Range of DD Coils for 2019

Sizes will Include 15" Round, 19" Round & 25" Round

Features Include

-Spiral Winding - Lightweight - Excellent Signal Response

-Quiet Operation in Highly Mineralised Ground

- Fantastic Ground Coverage at Maximum Depth

https://www.nuggetfinder.com.au/

• Like 3

BEauties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!they look really PRO

RR

Can't wait to get these across my test patch. If the 15" is at least as good as the 15" Detech Ultimate, but with less weight, NF will have a winner on their hands. Bigger lumps in bad ground was what all the pro's and serious part timers were chasing back in the SD2200D and GP days, and big DD coils were what most guys were swinging. So I'm seeing this as a modern more sensitive DD that is wound to work well on the GPX's. With the extra tuning options available on the GPX's it'll be interesting if any old big nugget patches give up a few new lumps. Also keen to see how they'd run on the GP3500..... 

• Like 5

Whatever happened with these?

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Whatever happened with these?

I spoke to Rohan today about them, he's the guy that makes them.  They're still coming, they'll be ready late April, early May. 

I'm glad as every new major new coil type like this seems a game changer for GPX detectors.  I may even get myself one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Man, I hope Nugget Finder make a 12" version of this new dd coil. I think it would be a great fit for my Gp3500. Another coil that works a great on Gp series is the Detech 11" flat wound mono, runs so smooth compared to other flat wound coils.

• Like 1

Expected release date here in Oz is June 3. $640 AUD. 

25 DD X Search Release.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Had a demo one arrive at work today. Looked good but big!

Looking forward to a chance to test it out.

• Like 2

On 5/24/2019 at 10:08 AM, PhaseTech said:

Expected release date here in Oz is June 3. $640 AUD. 

25 DD X Search Release.jpg

Damn it's got some weight to it,  still not as heavy as the old Coiltek 600mm DD or the Zed 19...  

A Pro swing harness an extra handle & some good pain killers for around the 6 hour mark & I'm good to go...

Fingers crossed it doesn't bark at every bit of ground on the GP3500 lol.

I wonder if they used a bundled wire on the TX side to reduce the overall weight & spiral on the RX for extra sensitivity. Would make sense! 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 10:01 PM, Westcoastmark said:

Had a demo one arrive at work today. Looked good but big!

Looking forward to a chance to test it out.

Looking forward to hearing how it runs for you, don't know if I can wait for feedback on it before buying one though... lol

• Like 1