Nearly Sold The 800 - Glad I Didn't

Jin

I'm happy you kept the machine.   The more you hunt the better you will understand.

• Like 1

Hi Jin,

I hear and read about stories like yours often especially from people that are new to detecting or are moving from a beginner detector to the Equinox. Usually, like you they have moved out of the default settings and raised the sensitivity too high or are hunting with the ferrous accept/ reject horseshoe button accidentally engaged and don’t understand why their Nox is messed up. I’m really glad you got some help and stuck with your Nox.

I own and regularly use both the 600 and the 800. I keep trying to convince myself to sell my 600 which I had planned to do originally. I just can’t do it! The 600 is easily as good or better than any comparable detector out there!

Jeff

• Like 3

In the water beach hunting it can get chatty.   Like you said it took a bit to learn what was a target vs minerals.   Most of the water machines ive used it was all about getting them as quiet as you could.   I soon learned that running an Xcal in PP ..... i was hearing the same minerals ... they were just not modulated on the Nox so louder.   No complaints about what this machine has found me.  By the way if you dont have one.... make a sifter..... wont help with the digging but it will speed recovery of the targets and reduce some of those aches and pains from shaking that scoop out.

• Like 2