Steve Herschbach

Fisher Impulse AQ (formerly Aqua Manta) Pulse Induction Metal Detector

LE.JAG, 

I have a lot of nails on my beach.  As they corrode and become needle like they the give off both the low grunt sound and a high conductor sound. When you silence the iron on the Impulse does it silence both the low and high sound?

Thanks,

Tim

13 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

LE.JAG ... I would have one question .. is it possible to market AQUA-Pulse and TERRA-Pulse in the same time period ..?

Another question would be when will I start pre-orders for AQUA-Pulse and TERRA-Pulse detectors?

I admit to TERRA-pulse is a detector that is personally interested in me ...

the first to go out AQua

the Terra should not be long
it's the same platform, some components that change
+ the facade / the rest is of the programming ..

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Tmox said:

LE.JAG, 

I have a lot of nails on my beach.  As they corrode and become needle like they the give off both the low grunt sound and a high conductor sound. When you silence the iron on the Impulse does it silence both the low and high sound?

Thanks,

Tim

in all metals the sound is mono-tone
  deep targets better mark the difference
sounds light and symmetrical = often gold

in saturation (sound too strong) the difference is more difficult
((it is necessary to raise the coil / to no longer be in saturation))

but iron, especially in length, like nails
give a double sound / very mark

the loss between / all metals and rejection
is very weak with AQ // everything depends on the sand
in white sand with normal mineralization
about 5%

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

LE.JAG, will both coils be available to buy when the AQua starts shipping later this year? In my case, I do want both sizes.  I have an area that is very rocky that has produce my biggest diamond rings.  And the 8 inch coil would be best coil for this area.

4 hours ago, TerryinHawaii said:

LE.JAG, will both coils be available to buy when the AQua starts shipping later this year? In my case, I do want both sizes.  I have an area that is very rocky that has produce my biggest diamond rings.  And the 8 inch coil would be best coil for this area. 

Hi Terry,

No, I think we'll have to wait a bit for the 8 '

but, there is a new mode that should give you a few pounds
while waiting for the 8 '
I can not say more ...
?

• Like 3

On 6/26/2019 at 10:48 AM, Rick Kempf said:

I used an  AQ prototype last October under huge transmission lines - quiet as a mouse in all metal.

03950FB0-1498-46C5-9A3C-8B12B136650E.jpeg

Did you get a chance to try it in the other modes

I tried them all at one time or another, I was finding aluminum scrap at this site - probably a result of the power line construction. I am pretty sure I was using either multitone or mute - I am not certain, I was not concentrating on the power lines, just trying it in the nice deep sand..  

The machine I had for a few days in October was a prototype and the production version is supposed to be refined in many ways. All metal is inherently quieter than any other mode, it has to do with the way information from more than one channel is used. It is a characteristic of multi channel PI detectors. 

• Like 2

I'd love to compare this machine to my TDI at the beach.  But it most likely won't be available before August.   I know there is a lot of discussion as to depth and that it will detect a nickel at 17".  This compared to my TDI at 16", but the TDI has a 12" coil and the AQ will have the 12 1/2" coil.  Size will also increase the depth capabilities.  So that being said, it would be very interesting to see, comparing the two detectors using identical coil dimensions (the old saying apples to apples) .  I know there will be many more advantages of the AQ, pulse delay, iron features etc. but coil sizes need to be the same for a truthful analysis.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark Gillespie said:

I'd love to compare this machine to my TDI at the beach.  But it most likely won't be available before August.   I know there is a lot of discussion as to depth and that it will detect a nickel at 17".  This compared to my TDI at 16", but the TDI has a 12" coil and the AQ will have the 12 1/2" coil.  Size will also increase the depth capabilities.  So that being said, it would be very interesting to see, comparing the two detectors using identical coil dimensions (the old saying apples to apples) .  I know there will be many more advantages of the AQ, pulse delay, iron features etc. but coil sizes need to be the same for a truthful analysis.

the difference will be greater
if you have the target at 16 '
AQ will be at 20 '

the difference is stronger on low conductors (gold!)
thanks to the 7us under 16 volts

silence allows you to go further
I detected many gold rings
who was just a breath
  I think the TDI is able to see some
  but they are drowning in the noise

not to mention that tdi are rarely 10us (real)
the best was pulscan 14.4 volts first generation
number from 1 to 200
the real copy of the goldscan 5

mass production to a little lost in performance ....

for AQ the specifications are very strict
to lose nothing .. / and especially the starting point is better !

++++ please
ask questions on the forum
I can not answer any mp / takes too much time ...

I do not have a specific release date
no price
(((and if I knew / I could not say)))
and to choose the AQ and TR testers
it's Fisher who manages ....

Thnaks

• Like 3

Will the new Terra nugget version have solid coils, spoked coils don't do well on uneven terrain in gold country?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Nuke em
      Anyone out there know any information on this machine ? It supposed to be being tested and could be really interesting when released .
      2019 Update: The Manta is now called the Fisher Impulse AQ - see Fisher Impulse AQ Detector Data & User Reviews
      May be able to discriminate Iron out .
      You Tube this .  AQUAMANTA A1 TESTS HARDELOT . All in capitals . 
      It is compared to the Sovereign and CTX , the Aqua is the last one tested . Unfortunately LIKE the Equinox most of the time before release , its in a foreign language .

• By Steve Herschbach
      My VLF detectors are rapidly sorting themselves out and I am satisfied I am doing about as good in that regard as can be done. There really is only one area of metal detecting left that is bugging me.
      2019 Update: The Manta is now called the Fisher Impulse AQ - see Fisher Impulse AQ Detector Data & User Reviews
      The Garrett Infinium was the first waterproof ground balancing PI and not a bad first effort. White's TDI might have improved on it but White's never did a waterproof TDI. Surprisingly, Minelab has never done what I would consider to be a true waterproof saltwater beach hunting PI. The SDC 2300 really is a prospecting detector first and second. I finally ended up with the Garrett ATX, which currently sets the bar for a waterproof ground balancing beach and water detector.
      Yet the ATX housing was designed more for military use than beach detecting. The coils are overly expensive due to an integrated rod design. Worse, the detector weighs in at 6.9 lbs and cannot be hip or chest mounted.
      In a sign of faith I am going to sell my ATX and wait on whatever First Texas has in the works. As Rick Kempf posted here previously, First Texas hired Alexandre Tartar and purchased the rights to produce a version of his Manta PI Project. And to quote First Texas engineer Carl Moreland from this thread "Yes, we've hired Alexandre. Yes, we are working on PI. I was personally working on PI before hiring Alexandre, but now we are seriously working on PI."
      Fisher has not made a PI since the Fisher Impulse was discontinued back around 2013. This collaboration with Alexandre Tartar gives me hope that First Texas can get something out in the next year or two. My bar is low - a waterproof ground balancing PI at least as good as the ATX in a more ergonomic package. Seems fairly doable. Another company that may come out of nowhere all the sudden is Nokta/Makro as we know they are working on a PI. I don't know, but I think this is First Texas' game to lose at this point. So there you go, ATX going up for sale and a spot held open for whatever company can meet the challenge. Good luck First Texas - I am rooting for you!

• By Steve Herschbach
      No, I actually do not know what the new Fisher Impulse Terra will be called. It is just that I doubt it will be called the Impulse Terra and Impulse AU seemed like a good pairing with Impulse AQ. Probably wrong but I can change it when we find out for sure. The main thing is this dry land gold prospecting version of the Impulse AQ is 99% certain at this point, so I wanted to start tracking it as a separate model with what is know about it so far. Which is not much. WE know testing is taking place with an 8" coil but do not know for sure if that will be the stock coil or not. It would be a good choice for small gold but not good for covering ground or for larger deeper gold. OK though if that's what they go with. Presumably a 12" coil is a possibility as stock or as an option.
      It will have to ground balance, and it may or may not have ferrous rejection capability. I personally hope it does, as some areas are full of ferrous trash and missing some gold is worth it to be able to use a PI in those areas.
      Anyway, will be updating as I find out stuff. I'm kind of more interested in the beach model myself as i have nugget detectors already, but it will depend just what the feature mix is that will swing me one way or the other.
      Fisher Impulse AU Specifications & Data
    • By Steve Herschbach
      In a weird way I see this as good news. Apparently Fisher was ready to start producing the Impulse AQ. The reason I know that is there has been a publicly announced "production delay" over some sort of mechanical aspect of the detector. So I read that as meaning that as soon as this hardware bug gets addressed units will be rolling out the door. The only problem is we don't know how long it will take to fix the bug, but they must be on it 24/7 at this point. Management has to be cracking the whip hard by now to get it out the door. I have to assume we will see this before end of summer. Fingers crossed! 
      Source for the info at Dankowski Forum
      Fisher Impulse AQ Data & User Reviews

Fisher Impulse AQ metal detector
    • By LE.JAG
      he is in production // finally ..
      I find it amazing that your dealer does not speak

a French seller already takes pre-orders
      without delivery date ....
      price announce France / Europe 2490 euros

• By Steve Herschbach
      Last July (July 2014) Tim Mallory of First Texas made a post on a Facebook page. First Texas is the parent company of Fisher, the well known detector manufacturer. Fisher used to make a pulse induction diving detector, the Impulse, but it has been discontinued. Fisher stands out as a company with strong VLF prospecting detectors but also as the only "Big 5" manufacturer without a PI detector of any sort in the lineup.
      2019 Edit - Announced as Fisher Impulse AQ
      Fisher was also a leader in multi frequency detectors with the CZ series but has rested on the laurels ever since, with no digital version of the old CZ3D offered to date. It has been common knowledge for some time that Fisher has at least been working on a new PI and a new multi frequency models.
      Facebook post by Tim Mallory of Fisher (excerpts):
      Tim Mallory - I'm new to your group. I'm head of sales and marketing at first texas products, which owns fisher, teknetics, bounty hunter and two night vision companies, night owl and nivisys. We've got a lot of exciting new products coming down the pipe, starting with the f19, introducing right now, then an upgrade for the f75, in the fall, and then new super weather resistant machines on the mid to low range, in the spring.... Lots coming....
      Joe Trino - Is the water resistant machine dual feq?
      Tim Mallory - Joe, no. They are replacements for f2 and f4. They'll be a lot of machine for the money...but not multifrequency. We have a mf in the hopper and it has recently moved from research to development, but it takes a long time to innovate a new machine of this caliber.
      Joe Trino - Tim I love my cz21 I have dug a lot of gold and silver with it my only complaint would be the shaft is flimsy and could beef up the coil wires and headphones I feel confident I can keep up with any mine lab machine about time for a new fisher pi unit.
      Tim Mallory - Joe, we have 15 seasoned engineers. Still it takes 3 to 5 years to get a new platform to the intro stage. Let me just say, a PI is in the works.
      Dusty Willis - So I was wondering.... When is fisher going to get into the pulse induction business and come out with a pi machine for gold to compete with minelab?
      Tim Mallory - Dusty, it's on the bench. But still in research...arguably close to development stage...someday we will have a kick ass PI.
      I notice Fisher getting grief on some forums for "being late" with the new machines. The fact is however there has never been any hint of a production timeframe from Fisher. Units are always under development, and many never see the light of day. Anything under development can stop or go at any time for any reason. There simply is no reason to expect a new pulse induction or multi frequency machine from Fisher until they make an official announcement that a release date is near. Still, one can always hope, and I hope we see something one of these days. I would certainly welcome a lightweight affordable PI alternative to what is currently available. The CZ was always one of my favorite detectors, and a more compact lighter CZ would also be welcome.
      But I am not holding my breath!