Fisher Impulse AQ (formerly Aqua Manta) Pulse Induction Metal Detector

6 hours ago, PhaseTech said:

Looks cool. That shaft attachment is very GPZ like. Knobs, no screens in a slick modern design, exactly what you want for a serious beach hunter. 

Well, we need to remember this is still a prototype, not a production unit. Personally, I have mixed feelings about knobs. I like them from an operational aspect. I dislike them because they collect grit and are an inevitable failure point - the more knobs, the more chance of one failing. There is something to be said for a seamless sealed pod from that perspective. I prefer something like Garrett did on the ATX myself, but that’s just me.

I don’t see the point in the shaft attachment design unless there is a possibility of the cable running up the rod, which might be the case. Again, this is a pre-production prototype so we don’t know for sure on anything.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Rick Kempf said:

It wasn’t on their radar.  A PI detector is not something they had their sights on - then this opportunity presented itself and they went for it.  Pretty bold move for what is, after all, like all the detector builders, a small business. They bought more than the design, they hired the team.

Their own development goals proceed - I have no info on what that amounts to, my only insights were about the PI.

Hi Rick, thanks for the info. I know you got two Vallons and had one updated. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Vallons use on the beach and any comparisons to the Impulse.

Thanks,

Tim

If this is true

10. Price. It will cost approximately 2100-2500 US dollars. New technologies cost money, yes, but they also bring an advantage over all other metal detectors.

I won't bite, my TDI is more than sufficient at the moment.

Water proof is good but my Equinox will do for water hunting.

TDI for super bad ground

Equinox everything else

• Like 2

I am pretty interested in a nugget version of this AQ,  initial tests show this AQ is near on par with depth of a gpx with a 15" coil. Due to the 7 usec timing it would make a killer small nugget machine once setup with AUTO GROUND BALANCING for the desert. I want something like this to keep tuned just for small nugget hunting, its so lightweight compared to a minelab big gold machine I could see owning one maybe if it pans out.

• Like 3

I went out to my storage unit (we downsized last year - all the junk is in storage) and got out my crystal ball.  After dusting it off and giving it a dose of Barkeepers Friend, I rubbed it vigorously.

Misty figures appeared before my eyes - I saw someone seeking gold nuggets in Africa.  He looked like he was using a Teknetics T2, but as I looked closer - it was something else - it was a PI detector....but what kind?.  At that point the cat jumped off the couch and landed in my lap.  the crystal ball is on its way back to the manufacturer for recalibration.

Beach hunters are not a mass market, European relic hunters and “artisanal miners” are potential mass markets. Neither of these markets are currently served by a light, ergonomic PI detector offering the immunity from bad ground that GB PI’s offer.

Whose detector will I see when I get my device back from Madam Sara’s CB (Crystal Ball) shop?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2