Steve Herschbach

Fisher Impulse AQ (formerly Aqua Manta) Pulse Induction Metal Detector

If you think he’s a pain on Dankowski - have a look at the Beach sub forum at Friendly.  Rough bunch over there - I got beat up regularly until I was finally declared to be sufficiently trained!

Anyway as LE.JAG just said and as others have pointed out, it’s all just talk till experienced and credible operators have used the AQ and report their findings (and hopefully finds!). Till then every guess, opinion and limited report are fair game for anyone to comment criticize or condemn.

That’s life. Happily here things are kept within the bounds of civility - if you want something like the bar scene in Starwars, just drop in on an Australian MD forum - wow!

P.S. the guy in question is alright - he just gets overexcited and he asks endless questions and is very upset if you don’t answer. We are in Norway visiting friends and my wife’s family and I am reminded of an old Norwegian expression. “En dåre kan spørre mer enn tre vise kan svare” - “One fool can ask more questions than three wise men can answer”

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

everyone can give their opinion
or ask questions / it's not a problem
it's just that I'm a little tired
to always repeat the same thing ...

a scoop for the forum
the latest changes now allow
detect a 24 carat ring
weighing less than 5 gr (no ring 24k heavier to test ...)

under a big nail / or several small nails
if you have a ring 24k try with your detectors

it's impossible / even tdi (modif Reg Sniff) can not do it   (
22K is its limit )

it will be a very specific setting
that I would explain in video

this extraordinary feat
detect the 24k under the iron
gives you an idea of the level of separation, gold / iron

• Like 4

I want one now :laugh:

• Like 1

Haha I didn't even have to mention a name and ya'll got the reference.  For me, it is more of the over posting fatigue that gets me. I can't stand a whole lot of talk that doesn't go anywhere.  Like spinning tires. Asking questions for the sake of hearing yourself talk. I'm definitely interested in the new machine but until I get one in hand, I don't have anything really to say about it.  A lot has been fretted over due to an imaginary price...I really don't care.  I say, the people that want one are gonna find a way to get one. If it does what they say it does, it wont take long of seeing their buddies who have one torching them every hunt...they'll find a way to get one too.  Some people also just need to swallow their pride and come to grips that they can't afford everything they want in life.  I love to fish. Would love to have a new 18 foot aluminum boat with a 60 hp 4 stroke on it.  Those are about $25,000 now. I drool over the Trackers every time I go to Bass Pro Shops.  But I can't afford one of them right now. Maybe some day. But right now my budget is more inline with a sit on top fishing kayak haha.  I'm good with that though. I'm not on the manufacturer's forums whining about how the price should be more inline with my budget.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 5/19/2019 at 4:00 PM, schoolofhardNox said:

I want one now :laugh:

x2

• Like 2

On 5/19/2019 at 1:56 PM, LE.JAG said:

...weighing less than 5 gr...

Is that grains or grams?

It’s grams and maybe he should use GM to help us understand correctly.

”Grains” are wonderfully complex and confusing, like most of the traditional English units of measurement - which the British, Canadians, Australians (and the rest of the world) gave up some time ago.

If you want a fun read, try this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grain_(unit)

• Like 2

After spending many enjoyable hours of testing my TDI SL I'm starting to see some of the true advantages the AQ will have over my SL at the beach.  Comparing written accounts "forums" of the AQ's capabilities to my "known" TDI experiences, it's becoming quite evident the TDI will fall quickly behind in the category of a beach hunter.  Oh, there is so much to know about this new machine.  For sure, there will be many unique "combination settings" discovered once the machine is released to general users.  Exciting times ahead.

• Like 1

Well it's all gone quiet so hopefully there will be an introduction some day. This was the only machine on the horizon I had any interest in this year but with each passing day I am thinking it will be more of a next year thing for me anyway.

• Like 1

I'm with you Steve.  For some strange reason I'm thinking they will wait until someone released a detector that grabs our interest.  I know 1st Texas wants to release a perfect machine (nothing is perfect) out of the gate but there will be a point where people will quit waiting and move on.  As I recall a couple years ago they, (presumably a leak of 2 new detectors under development, "CZX" well I waited until the Equinox was released and jumped on board.  And I'm glad I did.  If they wait too long, it will cost them. 

You know, Minelab listens to what is going on and it wouldn't surprise me if they don't release something to pickup part of that market before 1st Texas.

• Like 3