List Of ID For American Coins On The Orx

Ridge Runner

I just wondering if anyone has seen a list of ID numbers for the ORX on American coins.

I’ve been looking over the discrimination that the ORX has to offer but it’s nothing to write home about. Oh you can block out from 0 to 99 but wherever stop anytime below that won’t be detected. The trouble you can’t step over a number are too and continue on blocking only what you want to .

If and when XP has a update this one of many they need to work on to make ORX worth their asking price.

Chuck 

I was going to join the XP Forum but right off you have to agree that nothing will be said in a negative way . I knew it would take me longer to register than the time I’d be on there .

I could be wrong but sales are the lack of will speak for itself.

Chuck 

If somebody hung out on the White's forum and kept speaking negatively about a White's model I would at some point remind them that doing such a thing becomes trolling at some point. Looks like time for your reminder as regards the Orx Chuck. We get it - you think it is priced too high for what it offers. They are not going to lower the price just for you so may as well get over that part. :smile:

Steve 

I think you for the friendly reminder of reminding me that they are  not going to change their price of the ORX on my say so alone .

Oh well that’s life .

Chuck 

Trying to turn the ORX into a Deus with a wishlist of additional features isn't going to achieve anything, and sort of defeats the purpose of a cheaper and more simplified Deus regardless of how it compares with other detectors on the market .  It is what it is and I doubt whether the pricing will change given that they have a huge fan base in Europe.  In time if it doesn't achieve sales targets then we may see some movement in price.  

• Like 1

Hi Goldpick  

I have to agree with you on whatever the ORX is that’s the way it’s going to be.

I myself was wanting the ORX to coin hunt in parks and school grounds. In all the videos seen so far you find the person detecting in a field with shovel in hand . Over all the videos not one time have I seen the pinpoint mode used on the detector and I’m not talking about the M6 Pinpointer . I’m sure in a field you can make a hole as big as one likes . That don’t hold true in somebody’s yard on the size of the hole. I know why they don’t bother pinpointing because of the need to hold a button down for two seconds for it to be operational.

I’d really enjoy seeing just how well the pinpoint mode on the ORX works even if it takes two seconds out of my life to find out.haha

Chuck 

If the pinpoint mode is anything like that on the Deus, then it should be just fine.  Although I tend to pinpoint most of the time using the drawback method till the target is at the tip of the coil vs the actual pinpoint mode.  Usually a very quick and accurate method for me when detecting in all types of areas, especially with the smaller 9" coils. 

• Like 1

Goldpick  

Thanks for the quick reply on the other way to pinpoint. I’ve seen it done before on videos but for myself I’ve yet to give it a try . In the past my detector had a trigger to pull are a button that you just pushed. I can see I’d have to take a little time to perfect drawing back the coil to pinpoint a target.

Thanks again.

Chuck