Snow With a Chance of Gold

Thanks again guys,

Zoe is a tough old dog. She's battled off Cougars and Bobcats on a few occasions, tangled with a few weasels and flushed many a quail and rabbit for me. Even had to run into a Coyote pack that she was fighting with to help her out -I think theyd of got her that day. As a pup she launched out of my buddies truck at 45 mph for a ground squirrel and all we heard was the sound of the melon popping on the road. She was right at my feet when i jumped out of the rig to scan the scene. She tore her face open from eye to nose on the right side and shattered 2 teeth but was more worried i'd be pissed then she seamed to care about her damaged face. I pressed it back together and she healed up good. When she broke her back last year she was swept down a raging spring river and bashed like a raggdoll. I searched and searched until it was dark but couldnt find her, my wife had a college class so i couldnt camp on the spot. I stripped off my close and left them under a bush with the hopes shed find them and stay put and home i went. An hour or so latter i was BBQ out back very emotional over her being lost, shes a great woods dog, when i turned around and there she was dragging her ass end around the corner of the house. She laid down and didnt move for 3 day's. I had to hand feed her and put her water direcly under her nose to get her to drink. When she did move she barely was able to walk and more or less shuffled and then layd down and rested. She really didnt move around much for about a month, I debated shooting her to end the misery but stuck it out with her. Glad i did becuase although shes allot slower and rarley runs anymore she's not suffering and gets around pretty good. Sadly she has been slowing down pretty quick. She's been my most favorite dog i've ever had - she's a total bitch and doesn't really like anyone but me. Dragen is the loppy family dog, she's a lover and is naturally very protective.

Yup i'm a nut but it drives me to experience things many people miss in life. I've tracked many an animal in this weather back to their dens or rousts when it comes to birds. They must of thought i was extra nutty fallowing them home and then hanging outside for hours peeping on them. I have learned a great deal of the wanderings of the critters chasing them around the hills in all the glorious weather were dished out. 

I'd probably wilt like a spring shoot if i were to try hangn with you Aussies and Desert Folk- but i'd give it a shot.

The temps here will be in the 90 to 100 very soon. We usually get up to 105 by July, but then we get massive thunderstorms that usually cool it off but also start wildfires. 

• Like 3

My dog was quite literally scared of butterflies and squirrels up until 2 years ago haha not even kidding. He could take some lessons from your ole girl.

Keep up the adventuring, with that kind of dedication I bet you'll be finding some diving weight sized nuggets eventually!

I don`t think you`d wilt in OZ, is different but the same, if you get my drift. Zoe says so, she sounds exactly like they are here, a bitch, a one man dog but the best. Let me also presume, she rolls in the freshest of manure on occasions. Phueee!

Jasong - Dragen is like that, she's gotten better over the years but she can be a scardy cat too. Its funny because she can kick ass when need be. I also believe that with dedication and persistence i'll some day hit an untouched patch. 

Norvic - I'd likley love OZ, I'm all about the wilds of nature.  Being a biologist the critters would be rad. And yes ol Zoe loves a fresh pile - the more steam the better. Her favorite is Fox Scat - nicen sour. Lol

Gotta love a good dog!

AjR