Wireless GPX Updates

Daniel Tn

With all the newer transmit/receiver style units out there now I was wondering if there was an update for anyone that has made the jump to wireless for the GPX and how it is working out.  I have tried two systems so far and not bee  happy with either one.  Detectnix (sp)  unit with their headphones....it worked but there was interference pending on where the unit was located. One video on YouTube showed putting it in a specific spot on the control box and it helped...but still got a lot of signal dropouts and static sound, there is also a delay in audio.  

I went to a newer low latency Bluetooth dongle and synced my Equinox wireless headphones to it.  It too works, but still has the static sound to it.  The signal doesn't or hasn't dropped out yet and there is only a very very slight delay in the signal.  It is useable but I'm wondering if there is something better out there.  I see Gray Ghost has a set of headphones and dongle for the Minelab machines.  Also wondering if the Garrett Z-Lynk headphone kit would work well with the GPX.  Minelab has the ProSonic but is the most expensive of them all and reviews are not what I hoped to see as far as the GPX goes.  

There is this -

Reg Wilson uses the Z-Link on his QED PI machine and speaks highly of it.  He may have tried it on his GPX...? 

I swear I looked and searched this topic and somehow missed that thread. Haha.  Good info in it.  

I have tried aftermarket battery systems but always go back to the stock battery.  I wish the smaller Minelab one had better battery life.  I'm not buying one that only lasts a few hours at most.  

• Like 1