Equinox Complete Carbon-fiber Shafts Are Now Available!

steveg

6 hours ago, steveg said:

Chase,

REALLY glad you approve of the shaft, and really glad it "helped you" find gold.  BUT...

YOU HUNTED IN THOSE CONDITIONS?!?!?

Ouch!  LOL!

Thanks for the thumbs-up, but I think you are the one that deserves the kudos, for THAT hunt...

Thank you!

Steve

4 hours ago, BeachHunter said:

Hardcore hunter Chase. Congrats on the new shaft and gold.

Ha.  It was not as hard core as you might think because only went barely toe to ankle deep into the the tide line slush and the air temp had risen into the balmy high 40's by the end of the hunt.  But until things thawed out during midday, the tideline water saturated sand was the only place where I could get my scoop to penetrate because otherwise it was frozen solid unless completely dry.

Snagged the requisite clad, sinkers, and other junk and the gold was a small locket or pendant without a stone (rats).  Pretty sure it is solid and not plated, but haven't cleaned it up and looked close enough to find any markings.

But the main point in posting was to commend Steve for a quality shaft that took some punishment off the bat (cold, wet, icy conditions) and came out unscathed.  The overall light weight of the shaft afforded a medium to long detecting session with the large coil with minimal arm fatigue, no flex, and solid shaft locking.   Still mulling counterbalance, but at least I convinced myself now it is a luxury vs. necessity in my case based on the outcome of the detecting session.

Good job, Steve.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, 

Just a quick announcement -- the first of a long-awaited shipment of parts arrived today, which will allow me to get started on the second production run of Equinox shafts.  If you are interested, or have been waiting for me to re-stock inventory, now is a great time to contact me, as I'll be filling new orders by the end of the week.  Please see my "for sale" ad in the classifieds, for more information/pricing.

THANKS!

Steve

Parts(reduced).jpg

Just talked to steve over the phone, asked some questions about the shafts, steve will take the time to tell u everything about his shafts customer service is above and beyond. Ordering my shaft today cant get here soon enough.

• Like 1

Thanks, for the very kind words, sir!  I enjoyed speaking with you and I really appreciate your trust, and your business!

Thank you!
Steve

My carbon fiber equinox shaft from www.stevesdetectorrods.com was shipped on friday and was in my hands today(monday) and it really makes the equinox feel top notch, no wobble just really solid.Steve was great to buy from...

• Like 2

Fskafish --

Thank you!  I'm REALLY glad to hear that you like the shaft, and that the purchase process was pleasant as well.  That's always the goal (providing a high-quality shaft, and a good customer experience), and it makes my day to hear confirmation from happy customers!

Thank you!

Steve

www.stevesdetectorrods.com

www.facebook.com/stevesdetectorrods

• Like 2

I’m loving the new shaft Steve. I can’t stop staring at it. Lol!

Minelab should supply this level of quality to their Equinox line of detectors and pay you a big fat check for the rights to the design.

Best regards,

BH

BeachHunter,

www.stevesdetectorrods.com

www.facebook.com/stevesdetectorrods

BeachHunter, 

LOL!  THANK YOU for the very kind words!  I appreciate it!

I realize my opinion is biased, but I DO think that a high-quality carbon-fiber shaft with a proper, solid cam lock is MUCH more befitting of the Equinox, overall.  It's a high-end machine, performance-wise, and it seems so much better matched with a higher-end shaft, from my perspective...

I like to dream about an Equinox 1000, with a nice carbon-fiber shaft, and a 2-D FE-CO display brought over from the FBS line of machines.  While that would put me "out of business," in terms of my shaft sales, I'd be one of the first to jump on board and buy that machine!!!

Thank you, sir, for your compliments!  I am really glad to hear you enjoy the shaft!

Steve

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Sandi --

Yes, I produce carbon-fiber shafts for the Equinox.  I will send you a PM, regarding a possible shaft for your husband's Equinox.

Thanks for your interest!

Steve