Tarsacci MDT 8000 For Nuggets?

Gerry, that is quite the coincidence you should happen to run into Dimitar in Mexico. Too bad he had to leave so soon as he is an interesting conversationalist. I wish I would have been able to spend more time learning the intricacies of the MDT 8000 from him as I think there is a lot to learn that is not in the manual. I was impressed that he actually detects for a hobby so he really does "get it" when you discuss detecting with him.

I agree with you that a lot of people will likely want to stay in the sub-$1000 bracket when purchasing a machine. That's totally understandable when you have a detector such as the Equinox available. Of course just as a small percentage of people will pay for the performance of a GPZ 7000 I think the MDT 8000 will have it's own niche market eventually if it performs as well as it has at first blush.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, RickUK said:

Must admit this detector is starting too really grab my attention for a deep pasture machine,i wont be buying one yet,as any new machine must have been out and been used for a minimum time period of 12 months before i part company with the 'folded' stuff,this criteria has always been adhered too as any new machine can have initial teething problems,so if i do decide to pull the trigger then it wont be till this coming december anyway.

Will be following all the reports of those folks who do own one and see how it plays out and if it then fits my requirements,it may or may not happen,it all depends on the reliability and if it performs for my requirements.

Resistance is futile Rick

RR

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Tarsacci MDT 8000 For Nuggets?
  • 1 month later...

I have owned the MDT for a year and my only complaint is no optional coils available. I really would like a round 12” coil and others have expressed the same interest for relic and coin hunting. I would use mine mostly for wet and damp salt water sand and relic. Fingers crossed that Dimitar will recognize optional coils will help produce more sales of the MDT and additional revenues from coil sales.