New Minelab MicroNox

21 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

This is not a rod I would use on the beach for the very reason you mention. These shafts use orings to snug the cam locks and sand in them from constant beach use would not be a good idea.

Thanks....that's exactly what I thought of this design so I'll have to pass.  Now were I a land hunter and a backpacker...yes, by all means I'd have one.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's one of my videos showing my Ebay purchased, Minelab Equinox to Golden Mask collapsible carbon fiber shafts:

The seller's information is also included in a couple of different links.

Have any questions, ask, I'll be glad to help.

Gerry

• 2 weeks later...

Hey fellas. New here to DP and this is my first post but have been lurking for a while. Ive been on T-net since 2012.  I would love to get in on the action for this Telescopic conversion for my new Nox 600 (see Im already learning the Equinox lingo) I have been metal detecting for many years though. So know way around a good field or park. This would be a great thing to have so I can carry it in my pack on my back. Where are you guys buying the Golden Mask Telescopic shafts? Is that still an overseas purchase or can I get it State side?

Dan I notice your adapter is a bit different then the one they are ordering from overseas. Can you tell us more about that? Or is that just the stock Nox adapter and you found a different size shaft?

El NINO77 

If you wouldn't mind I may take you up on that adapter deal and I can PayPal you the money for it. I can PM you to work out the details just let me know.

Appreciate all the knowledge here and hope to be posting my own photos of this mod in the coming weeks/months.

James

• Like 1

Hello James, I'm going to customize my detectors according to my needs :

Marec 10iphone5S 2019 021_DxO.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sky355 said:

Hey fellas. New here to DP and this is my first post but have been lurking for a while. Ive been on T-net since 2012.  I would love to get in on the action for this Telescopic conversion for my new Nox 600 (see Im already learning the Equinox lingo) I have been metal detecting for many years though. So know way around a good field or park. This would be a great thing to have so I can carry it in my pack on my back. Where are you guys buying the Golden Mask Telescopic shafts? Is that still an overseas purchase or can I get it State side?

Dan I notice your adapter is a bit different then the one they are ordering from overseas. Can you tell us more about that? Or is that just the stock Nox adapter and you found a different size shaft?

El NINO77 

If you wouldn't mind I may take you up on that adapter deal and I can PayPal you the money for it. I can PM you to work out the details just let me know.

Appreciate all the knowledge here and hope to be posting my own photos of this mod in the coming weeks/months.

James

The links are in the first post of this thread, so start at the beginning. Here is the manufacture website. Welcome to the forum!

• Like 1

James ... if you want .. try to order the Equinox- GM adapter on this page .., https://www.lovecpokladu.cz/eshop/produkt/set-pro-pripojeni-jednotky-minelab-equinox-600-800-k-teleskopicke-tyci

1 minute ago, EL NINO77 said:

James ... if you want .. try to order the Equinox- GM adapter on this page .., https://www.lovecpokladu.cz/eshop/produkt/set-pro-pripojeni-jednotky-minelab-equinox-600-800-k-teleskopicke-tyci

I looked at that. Supposidly the Telescopic pole has everything needed to attach the equinox to it. So Im going to wait till I get that to check it out and make sure. If it does not then I will be ordering from your link you posted.

• Like 1

So just for fun I went and added it to the cart on their website. I tried to go through the shipping info and they do not have USA listed to send to me there. I went ahead and sent them an email in Czech to see if they would reply to me about shipping to the USA. So we shall see what they come back with.

James, let me know then .. how did you mess up with the adapter ..,