Sign in to follow this  
Steve Herschbach

White's 2019 Catalog Available Soon

Well today I received a surprise in the mail and it was White’s new catalog for 2019. It was all in beautiful color from front to back . It showed the full line of detectors that White’s has to offer plus the lineup of the coils to go with each . White’s has a great line of all types of digging tools to cover anyone’s need .

Chuck 

• Like 2

White’s is offering something that’s in all of us Treasure Hunters we can get free from a dealer.

See below.

Chuck 

266FB268-0D58-4D83-A7CA-E669B0DCD837.jpeg

I've got a copy of that, it's great.:smile:

• Like 1

I just got a email from White’s saying give your Sweetheart a TreasureMaster detector. It’s something that will keep on giving to her .

Well in some case that could be received with open arms but with me I could wake up Dead .

Chuck 

Hmmmmm.............no Surfmaster PI at all ?

The Surf PI is in the chart in the catalog but otherwise got left out.

I thought it interesting the Sierra Gold Trac is back as a full time addition to the lineup.

White’s 2019 Detector Models 9BF5A50A-BB82-4CEA-8F98-A8C2DAABE014.jpeg

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I thought it interesting the Sierra Gold Trac is back as a full time addition to the lineup.

I thought so as well. I wonder if when they put them on clearance they moved well enough they thought they'd give it another stab? The machine is back up to $400.00, if they'd leave it at the $289.00 I'd wager their volume would be better. Again, to beat a dead horse, if they'd simply put in a little iron disc this machine would sell like hot cakes. 

• Like 1

Problem is $289 is probably cost. I have done the old “we are not making money selling one but  let’s make it up in volume” routine. Unless you have economy of scale that a product like this will never reach it just eats you alive as a business.

The GMZ in my opinion would have been a much more viable product with a iron disc option, and I agree with you about the SGT for the same reason. Good luck selling a $360 beep-dig detector.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Ridge Runner
      We know are heard that Lost Treasure magazine is no more. Well I just got Western & Eastern Treasure Magazine off the news stand and it was the March issue. What I didn’t know it’s the last printed copy we’ll see . It will be offered a digital copy and I’ll post that below. The picture is the front cover of the March issue and like said the last .
       Chuck 

• By Steve Herschbach
      Minelab is a division of a larger publicly traded company, Codan. That means we can peek at annual reports to learn a bit about the metal detecting world as far as size and sales. The competition is all privately held so numbers are hard to come by. From Codan 2018 Annual Report (October 2018):
      "In FY18, Minelab had another exceptionally strong year, with revenue of $164.0 million which delivered a segment contribution of $64.1 million. While sales of our GPZ 7000® top-of-the-range gold detector remain strong, they are being complemented by significantly higher sales of the new Gold Monster® and SDC 2300® detectors in Africa.
      Minelab’s base business is comprised of recreational products sold into Australia, Europe and the USA, a level of gold detector sales into Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America and sales of countermine products (detecting and clearing improvised explosive devices) globally. In the past, Minelab has had base-business sales in the range of $85 million to $95 million per annum. The combination of the EQUINOX® coin and treasure product release, an expanded gold detector range and Minelab’s entry into new geographic markets has increased the base business to around $110 million per annum.
      As was the case again in FY18, periods of stronger demand for gold detectors in Africa and new product introductions can push these revenues significantly higher. African demand continues to be driven by the superior performance of our products rather than gold surges. Existing customers are upgrading their GPX® gold detecting equipment and new customers are buying the entry-level Gold Monster®. It has also been pleasing to see a resurgence in demand for the SDC 2300®, a detector that is exceptionally good at discovering fine-particle gold. This changing sales mix has further diversified the business but has resulted in lower average margins for our gold detector products in Africa."
      FY18 SUMMARY
      Another exceptionally strong year, highest sales ever Successful release of the revolutionary EQUINOX® coin and treasure detector Diversified gold detector sales in Africa, less reliance on GPZ 7000® Delivered a significant order for the countermine F3 Compact™ detector Continued investment in new product development FY19 OBJECTIVES
      Maximise and diversify gold detector sales globally Expand distribution in Latin America through our new Minelab presence in Brazil Continue to expand our retail distribution channels in USA and Europe Complete the Countermine dual-sensor development programme "While we are confident of continued success in FY19, the unpredictable nature of our sales into Africa makes forecasting difficult for this business. In the past, Minelab has had base-business sales in the range of $85 million to $95 million per year. The EQUINOX® product release, coupled with an expanded gold detector range and Minelab’s entry into new markets, have increased this base-business by more than 20%, to around $110 million in sales per annum."
      and the part we all want to read:
      "Minelab continues to invest in product development for recreational markets and has a number of new, improved metal detectors in the pipeline."
      click for larger version...

• By Ridge Runner
      Well I received my December 2017 mag from Lost Treasure today and just on the inside of the first page is the new MX 7. This has to be the same detector that Tom has been swinging around with a orange ring around the face. White's is offering you a look at the detector by way of a video on their site.
      The only thing said is a test was done with a 8.5 gram 14K gold ring at 14 inches saying gonna need a bigger shovel. I guess to find out more we all need to look at White's video on this detector.
      Chuck
      10/30 edit - you can find the latest White’s MX7 Details & Specifications Here

White's MX7 metal detector
    • By Steve Herschbach
      More information in the Teknetics Patriot

• By Doc
      OK, OK, Please I don't want to hear, "It's about time."

This all started when I payed an obscene amount of money to a web site developer to design my new website.  He got it 90% finished and disappeared with all of my money and left me with no instructions.  HOWEVER, my guardian angels in the UKRAINE, came to the rescue.  If you didn't know UKRAINE programmers are some of the best in the world.  I have been dealing with these guys fro 25 years, they are freaking amazing.  They actually wrote the enitre DMV software for the Michigan.

So it finally occurred to me to ask if they knew a website designer proficient in WORDPRESS.  Well of course they did.  Enter "MAX"  real name Maksim Nikolaenko. Max speaks English as do most of the programmers there.  He is a savant when it comes to website design and especially WORDPRESS and Search Engine optimization.  So over the past two months, using chat on SKYPE and screen sharing we collaborated to get my new site functional.

So Max got me online with the new website, a site I feel is befitting a company that has been in this industry since 1992,
      http://docsdetecting.com/
      But please be patient as I am in the midst of the arduous task of getting all of the content and thousands of items we carry input into the site.

In the meantime take a look around.  Tell me your overall impression.  I would welcome the feedback.

If you enjoy reading articles and adventures, at the very top on the left side of the home page there is a link titled Things of Interest.  Take a gander.

Thank you!

Doc
      Steve's Review of Doc's Harnesses and Covers