chainicin

Equinox 600 For My Very First Detector?

Thanks to everyone's input. I pulled the trigger on the 600 and am looking forward to getting outside once the snow melts. I loved how simple it was getting it out of the box and put together. Before I opened the box I was fairly intimidated. Getting it all together was intuitive and easy. 

• Like 3

The 600 is an easy machine to use. I don't think there are enough extra settings in it to cause too much of a problem. Now the 800 is a different story, but having those extra settings can really help you fine tune it once you understand the Equinox.  I would suggest getting some coins together and passing them by your coil to see how the Equinox responds to them. It will help you get it into your head what coinage equals on the ID scale, giving you a good reference. Now out in the field things change big time when you factor in soil, trash, iron, and other things. Take your time and feel the machine out and what it is trying to say to you. Hopefully by now you are enjoying it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Tnsharpshooter
      This will be where I will post information.  I will try and answer any questions I can about detector.  Other folks who have experience with detector and wish to join in, by all means do so.
      Should have detector today sometime.  Thought I would get this thread started to save time later.  I will only be using Tarsacci on turf, not salt water/sand application.
      I may do some testing on freshwater beach due to lower minerals present.
      For refererence  - Quick start guide
       https://drive.google.com/file/d/12ecPA1jFF7JOGZLYYywMxZeeyW5qqkMd/view
      User Manual
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jYhFnstUqLuo5eV28aEZsj9wfeY2TRt-/view
      Tarsacci MDT 8000 Data & Reviews
    • By kac
      I recently broke a vow and took my Tejon to the beach and surprisingly did pretty well. I came across this ring about 4-6" down in the damp sand.
      It has no makers mark or any marks, the diamonds look like cz's not real diamonds as they refract some color and huff test they do not fog. When I compared the vdi on it from my AT Pro it comes in as a solid 55. Stainless rings come in at 48, titanium around 50 and 14k come in at solid 52 on that machine. Jeffersons come in at 52. Usually in my past experience 55 is a square tab or junk. Anyone know what range white gold comes in on?
      Weight is .3 oz

• By stolik333
      Hi all users DetectorProspector. I want to buy detector for relic ( roman silver/gold coins, celtic axes and middle ages relic) . Now I use Minelab Sovereign Elite, but in last 3- 4 month's not found nothing interesting (everywhere were before me) . And I think what need to buy detector PRO - level. But I'm confused. My choice fell to 3 devices:

Minelab GPX 5000
      Whites TDI PRO/SL
      Nexus Standart MP

or 50/50 choice

Blistool v6
      Tarsacci mdt 8000
      Minelab ctx3030

or Yours alternative's. 

Please tell me, what metal detector is the deepest for relic hunting? And can good work to heavy soil? Thanks

P.S. Sorry to my English
    • By stolik333
      Hi all users DetectorProspector.. I want to buy detector for thin gold jewelry : chain, earrings (underwater search) . Now I use Tesoro Compadre but not enough depth . And I think what need to buy detector PRO - level with high frequency. But I'm confused. My choice fell to 3 devices:

GoldenMask One 24
      Deeptech Vista Gold / Gold Gain
      Whites TDI Beach Hunter

or Yours alternative's. 

Please tell me, what metal detector is the deepest for thin jewelry? And can good work to heavy soil? Thanks

P.S. Sorry to my English
    • By Danny Atherton
      Hey guys, 
      My first time posting here, hopefully I'm not breaking any rules! 
      My mother recently took some of her old gold jewelry to be melted down into a bracelet. While she was there the jeweler pulled out one of her bracelets saying it was too valuable and shouldn't be melted down. So that's got me trying to find out more about it and what type of chain it is.
      So far no luck! I thought you guys might know something and have some suggestions whether she should sell it or not! 
      Cheers! 
      Danny. 

• By leon
      Hi
      Neighbor lost a 3/4 carat diamond earing w/small white gold post.
      I tried my old Eagle ll sl  & Bounty hunter 101 but they don't seem to be sensitive enough.
      Any suggestions??